Need to send us a screenshot, but not quite sure how to take one? This guide will show you how it’s done.
There are a couple reasons we might ask you for a screenshot. Maybe our Content Integrity Team asks you to send one to provide additional documentation to verify your review. Or perhaps you’re chatting with our Support Team and they request you send a screenshot of your issue to help troubleshoot.
How to take one depends on your device - browse the options below to find the method that works for you. And if you're not sure how to get the screenshot over to us, you can learn how here.
- Press command + shift + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire screen
- Press command + shift + 4 to take a screenshot of a specific area
The file will save automatically to your desktop.
- Press the PrtScr button to take a screenshot of the entire screen. You can then use Ctrl+V to paste the image into a program like Paint. You can then edit your image by cropping it or making annotations. You’ll need to save the image to download it to your computer.
- Press Windows + Shift +S to take a screenshot of a specific area. The image will be saved to your clipboard and appear as a notification at the bottom right of your screen. Click the notification to open the screenshot in the Snip & Sketch app, where you can make annotations then save it.
Depending on which iPhone you have, screenshot taking will vary.
- Press the Side button and the Volume Up button at the same time. Quickly release both buttons.
- Press the Side button and the Home button at the same time. Quickly release both buttons.
- Press the Top button and the Home button at the same time. Quickly release both buttons.
After you take a screenshot, a thumbnail will temporarily appear at the bottom left of your screen. You can find the screenshot in Photos.
Taking a screenshot varies across many Android devices. Try this first:
- Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
After you take a screenshot, a thumbnail should appear at the bottom left of your screen. You can find the screenshot in your photos app.
If this doesn’t work, you’ll probably need to get help from your phone manufacturer. Find a list of popular Android manufacturers here.