Trustpilot’s free Shopware plugin allows you to automate your review collection for service reviews. You can also add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin and invite past customers to write reviews.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect Trustpilot to Shopware.
The Shopware plugin supports Shopware versions: 5.0 and higher.
Note: This integration is for companies who use the Shopware eCommerce platform. Use a different platform? Check out our other integrations. Keep in mind that if you use other automatic invitation methods you'll have to disable them to avoid sending duplicate invitations to your customers.
Note: This integration isn't compatible with Internet Explorer.
Benefits of the Shopware plugins
- Automate your review requests — a new order automatically triggers an invitation email to your customer.
- Send review invitations to your past customers.
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets to your webshop.
Connect with the Shopware plugin
To connect Trustpilot with Shopware:
- Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > Ecommerce and apps > Shopware and click on the Download button.
- Log in to your Shopware backend page and click on Configuration > Plugin manager.
- Click Installed > Upload plugin and upload Trustpilot plugin.
- Once the uploading is finished, you will see Trustpilot plugin in the Uninstalled plugins list. Click on the Install icon > Activate.
- You will be prompted to clean your cache. Agree and wait until the cleaning is finished.
- In the top menu of your Shopware backend click Marketing > Trustpilot.
- If prompted, log in with your Trustpilot Business credentials.
- Review the legal terms, click the I understand and accept the above check box, then click the Confirm button.
- Done! You've installed the plugin successfully.
Once you've installed the plugin, you can:
- Change your invitation settings and choose your service invitation trigger.
- Invite past customers to write reviews.
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets.
Configure the invitation trigger
- On the General tab, configure what triggers invitations to be sent to your customers.
- Select your Invitation trigger from the drop-down menu:
- Choose Order confirmed if you’d like to invite your customers when your Shopware order state is Open or In process.
- Choose Order completed if you’d like to invite customers when your Shopware order is state is Completed, Ready for delivery or Completely delivered.
- Click the Save changes button.
Update your invitation settings
You can update your invitation settings on the Invitations tab. Customize your:
- Sender Name – the information that appears in your customer's email inbox when they receive your review request. Currently, the Sender Email is by default the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address.
- Reply-to Email – the email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website – the Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review, for example, www.trustpilot.com or de.trustpilot.com.
- Send Delay – Set the number of days you'd like to wait before your invitation email is sent to your customer. The maximum delay is 90 days.
If you are using Shopware multi-store functionality and have your shop translated into multiple languages, you can select the language of the email template for each of your shop.
Note: If your are using third-party plugin to translate your shop into multiple languages, you might not be able to set up different language templates.
Invite past customers to write reviews
The Shopware plugin allows you to send review invitations to customers from the past 7 days up to 6 months ago.
- In Past Orders, select the time interval you want and click the Sync up orders button.
- If any orders didn't sync properly, click the Re-sync button to try to send the invitations again.
Add a TrustBox using the Shopware plugin
You can add multiple TrustBox widgets to your web pages using the Shopware plugin.
- In Shopware backend > Trustpilot plugin, on the TrustBox tab, select the Try it out button. New window will open where you'll see a list of the available TrustBoxes and the preview of your shop.
- Drag and drop a TrustBox onto the preview of your website. You can choose to place TrustBoxes on your landing page, category page, or product page.
- To place your TrustBox on another page, click on Add a new page and simply enter the specific web address.
- To configure your TrustBox, hover over it and click Customize. Customize the position, color theme, width, height, language and the vertical/horizontal offset of the TrustBox.
- To publish the TrustBox on your site, click the Publish changes button.
Note: We currently don't have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third-party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.