Use your Trustpilot product reviews in your Google Shopping ads to strengthen the impact of your campaigns.
Google Shopping campaigns help to promote your online reputation, boost traffic to your website, and find better qualified leads. Including your Trustpilot product reviews can increase the effectiveness of your ads, by highlighting your good reputation.
How do Google Shopping campaigns work?
You send your product data (including your Trustpilot data) to Google via their Merchant Center and create a campaign in Google Ads. Your campaign is then used to create ads on Google and around the web, where potential customers can see what you're selling. You can read more about it here, on Google’s support page.
What are Google Shopping ads?
Google Shopping ads are advertisements that include rich product information, such as a product image, price, and merchant name. This product data targets people searching for products similar to what you are offering, then displays your advertisement to them. If your product data includes your Trustpilot product review data, your reviews and ratings can be displayed on your ads.
How do I get stars in my Shopping ads?
In order to start displaying review snippets in your Shopping ads, you need:
- A Google Ads account.
- A Google Merchant Center account.
- To feed all your products directly to Google Shopping.
How do I use my Trustpilot product reviews for Google Shopping?
In order for your Trustpilot reviews to count towards Google Shopping, there are several things you can do. The most important is to ensure that the product feed that you’re sending to Google matches the product catalog that you send to us.
The Google Shopping product feed is different from the product review feed that Trustpilot sends to Google Shopping. Google must receive both product feeds for you to get review snippets on Google.
Make sure that your product catalog’s data is accurate, up to date, and contains all the required information. All products should have a valid GTIN. If your products don’t have one, you’ll need to include Brand & MPN instead. If you also don’t have those, we recommend that you add your business name as Brand and the product’s SKU as MPN.
How long does it take for product reviews to appear on Google Shopping Ads?
We submit a new batch of product reviews to Google daily. However, there's an unknown delay in how long it takes Google to process the data, so when they begin to appear in Shopping Ads is out of our control.
If you've done everything described above and your product reviews are still not being listed, here are some common explanations:
- You haven't met Google’s minimum product review requirements. To be listed on Google Shopping, your business must have a minimum of 50 product reviews in your feed.
- The SKUs and/or product URLs you’ve sent to Google are different from the ones you’ve sent to Trustpilot. They must match in order to work.
- You haven't applied to get your star rating in Google Shopping ads. Read Google’s Products Feed Specification to learn how to get a complete feed of your products sent to them.
- You may have merged multiple Trustpilot profiles. If this is the case, your main business profile is the only domain that will qualify for Google Shopping ads.
For more troubleshooting information, check out our Trustpilot and Google FAQ.
Up next Trustpilot and Google - FAQ