Table of contents
You can use your Trustpilot product reviews in your Google Shopping campaigns, to strengthen the impact of your campaigns. This guide will explain how it works.
Google Shopping campaigns help to promote your online reputation, boost traffic to your website, and find better qualified leads. Including your Trustpilot product reviews can increase the effectiveness of your ads, by highlighting your good reputation.
How do Google Shopping campaigns work?
You send your product data (including your Trustpilot data) to Google via their Merchant Center and create a campaign in Google Ads. Your campaign is then used to create ads on Google and around the web, where potential customers can see what you're selling. You can read more about it here, on Google’s support page.
What are Google Shopping ads?
Google Shopping ads are advertisements that include rich product information, such as a product image, price, and merchant name. This product data targets people searching for products similar to what you are offering, then displays your advertisement to them. If your product data includes your Trustpilot product review data, your reviews and ratings can be displayed on your ads.
How do I get stars in my Shopping ads?
In order to start displaying rich snippet stars in your Shopping ads, you need:
- A Google Ads account.
- A Google Merchant Center account.
- To feed all your products directly to Google Shopping.
You can mark up your Trustpilot product reviews with rich snippets by using our SEO Product Review TrustBox. Take a look at this article to learn how to do it. You can also do it manually, by following Google’s guidelines on marking up products.
Note: The Google Shopping product feed is different from the Product Review feed that Trustpilot sends to Google Shopping. Google must receive both product feeds for you to get rich snippet stars on Google.
If you have done everything described above and your product reviews are still not being listed, here are three common explanations:
- You haven't met Google’s minimum product review requirements. To be listed on Google Shopping, your business must have a minimum of 50 product reviews in your feed. For a particular product to show up, it needs at least three reviews, including one from a customer that you invited to leave a review.
- The SKUs and/or product URLs you’ve sent to Google are different from the ones you’ve sent to Trustpilot. They must match in order to work.
- You haven't applied to get your star rating in Google Shopping ads. Read Google’s Products Feed Specification to learn how to get a complete feed of your products sent to them.
For more troubleshooting information, check out our Trustpilot and Google FAQ.