Trustpilot’s Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.x integration allows you to automate your review collection, add widgets to your site, and invite customers to write reviews. Learn how to set up and manage it here.
This integration supports Adobe Commerce (Magento) versions 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4.
We don’t currently have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes. This integration is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
Set up the integration
Depending on your version, you have two options to download and install the integration: via the Adobe Commerce Marketplace Magento (2.0-2.3) or via Composer (2.0-2.4).
Your webshop will be inaccessible for 5-15 minutes during the download and installation. We recommend that you do this when your webshop is not busy and backup your shop beforehand.
Download and install via Adobe Commerce Marketplace
- Go to the Adobe Commerce Marketplace, search for Trustpilot Reviews, and click Add to Cart.
- Click the shopping cart icon in the upper right-hand corner and click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- If required, register or sign in to your Adobe Commerce Marketplace account and complete the checkout by clicking Place Order.
- On the order confirmation page, click Install.
- On the My Access Keys page, choose Create a New Access Key to create a new key. Set a name to identify the key pair, and then copy the newly generated private and public keys.
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Click System > Web Setup Wizard > Extension Manager or Component Manager.
- If you haven’t connected your store to Magento Marketplace yet, click Sign In to connect. You’ll see two empty fields where you need to paste the private and public keys you copied earlier.
- Select Refresh/Sync to update the list of available extensions.
- Click Review and Install.
- Find the Trustpilot extension in the list and click Install.
- Follow the Magento Wizard: perform the readiness check, create a backup, and finish the installation.
- Go back to your web store Magento Admin and click Stores > Configuration.
- Change the configuration scope from Default Config to Main Website or Store View.
- Scroll down to find Trustpilot, expand the panel, and click General.
- Scroll back to the top and paste the integration key copied from Trustpilot Business.
- Click the Save Config button.
Download and install via Composer
You need to have technical knowledge and access to the command line interface (terminal) of your webshop server to install the Trustpilot integration in your Magento 2 platform. You can use Composer to install the integration.
Log in to your Magento server using SSH (Secure Shell) and run the following commands:
- Create a backup by navigating to the root directory of your Magento installation and executing the command below. Please note that your website will be inaccessible during the backup process.
php bin/magento setup:backup --code --db --media
- Enable the maintenance mode:
php bin/magento maintenance:enable
- Download and install the Trustpilot integration using Composer:
composer require “trustpilot/module-reviews”
- If this is the first time you've installed an integration using Composer, Magento will ask you to provide your Adobe Commerce Marketplace account credentials. To find your account information, go to https://commercemarketplace.adobe.com/ > My profile > Access Keys > Create A New Access Key. Your public key is your username, while your private key is your password.
- Enable the Trustpilot integration:
php bin/magento module:enable Trustpilot_Reviews --clear-static-content
- Update the database schema. Please note that this command is global and enables all the Magento integrations that you have installed, so please proceed cautiously.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Execute the compile command. This command is only required in production mode:
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- Deploy static content. This command is only required in production mode:
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Disable maintenance mode:
php bin/magento maintenance:disable
Enter the integration key
Now that you’ve installed the Trustpilot integration, log in to your Magento Admin page and provide the integration key to complete the integration process.
- Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > E-Commerce > Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.x and, under Your integration key, copy the integration key.
- Go back to Magento Admin, then click Stores > Configuration.
- Change the store view from Default Config to Main Website (or any of your other websites).
- Click on Trustpilot > General and paste the integration key that you copied from Trustpilot Business.
- Click the Save Config button.
Manage the integration
Once you've installed the integration, the Trustpilot tab is available in your Admin Panel. You may need to use your Trustpilot Business credentials to log in.
- Review the legal terms, select I understand and accept the above , then click the Confirm button.
Set up your email information
Go to Invitations and enter your email information:
- Sender Name – The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive your review request. The default Sender Email is the noreply.invitations@trustpilot.
- Reply-to Email – The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website – The Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g., de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay – An order from your Magento web store automatically triggers an email to your customer - set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
Configure the Invitation trigger
Configure what triggers review invitations to be sent to your customers on the General tab.
- Choose Order confirmed to invite your customers when Magento is processing your order.
- Choose Order completed to invite customers when the order is complete.
Click the Save changes button.
Include product review invitations
Enable the Product review invitations toggle to start getting product reviews.
Once you have enabled product reviews, you have to let us know where you are saving your product stock keeping unit (SKU). You do this by selecting a SKU field from the drop-down menu. Note that you have to select one of the available SKU fields to be able to send product review invitations.
You can also select product GTIN and MPN fields from the relevant drop-down menus, but these are optional. The SKU field is the one that will always be required for Trustpilot to successfully create product review invitation emails to your customers.
Once you're done, click the Save changes button to save your configuration.
Invite past customers to write reviews
The Trustpilot integration allows you to invite past customers who placed orders between the last week and three months.
- Select a time period and click the Sync up orders button to sync up your past orders with Trustpilot's invitation system.
Summary of synced orders
Next, you'll see a summary of your synced orders, so you'll know which ones synced up successfully with Trustpilot and which ones failed.
At the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of failed orders with more details. To attempt to sync up the failed orders again, click the Re-sync button.
Add a TrustBox using the integration
- To preview a TrustBox, go to your Magento Admin page and click the TrustBox tab in the top menu.
- Select the TrustBox you’d like to preview, then drag and drop it on your on-site display. You can rearrange it wherever you want.
- To publish the TrustBox on your site, click Publish Changes.
You can also configure these TrustBox attributes:
- Page – Place TrustBoxes on your landing page, category page, or product page. If you prefer another page, simply enter the specific web address.
- Position – Select where on the page you want the TrustBox to appear.
- Horizontal offset – Offset from the left and right side.
- Vertical offset – Offset from the top and bottom.
If you choose the Product TrustBox, your data-sku attribute updates automatically. Remember to add it to your product page.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.