Table of contents
Showcasing your product reviews on your site is an excellent way to show customers that you have great products, and that they can count on you to offer a great shopping experience. In this article, we'll explain how to set up a product review TrustBox.
We have several TrustBoxes designed specifically for product reviews to choose from. All are designed to highlight your products and reassure your customers' decision to buy, some even coming with the added bonus of boosting SEO and improving your search engine results. Here’s how to get started:
Customize your TrustBox
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Showcase > Website Widgets > TrustBox Library.
- Select the TrustBox layout you want to use.
- Under Customize your TrustBox, enter your Product SKU(s) in the field.
Note: If a product has several SKUs (e.g. different sizes or colors), enter them all, separated by commas. The TrustBox will show the reviews and average star rating for all SKUs provided.
- You’ll see some customization options, such as language, size, theme, font and star color. Set them according to your preferences.
Note: You’ll need the Convert Add-on Module to customize font and star color.
- To implement these settings and create the TrustBox, click Get code.
Implement your TrustBox
- After clicking Get code, copy-paste the first code inside the <head></head> section of your website’s HTML or as close to the top of the page as possible.
- Copy-paste the second code into the HTML of your website where you’d like your TrustBox to be displayed.
Repeat the same steps as above to generate a new code for each TrustBox you’d like to create.
If you’d like to get a bit more technical with your TrustBoxes, you can add some custom settings to your set up. Doing so requires coding knowledge, so make sure you know what you’re doing (or ask your developer for help!).
Load reviews dynamically on product pages
If you’d like to tailor the reviews shown on a specific page to match the products featured on that particular page, you’ll need to add a placeholder. To do so, type the programming variable in the SKU field to serve as a placeholder for the SKU value. Now on different product pages, the relevant reviews for the selected product SKUs will be displayed dynamically.
Customize number of reviews shown
Certain TrustBoxes allow you to change the number of reviews that are shown. If you’d like to change the number of reviews being displayed, you can add a parameter to the tag, e.g. data-reviewnumber="5". The default number of reviews is 10.
Display product attributes and user-generated photos
You can ask your customers to rate your product attributes to get even more detailed reviews. You can also give them the option of uploading an image of the products they receive from you. These can be displayed in your product review TrustBoxes, to add even more valuable content. To display them, you’ll need to give permission here.