We’re adding a short disclaimer to service review TrustBoxes that informs readers that you're displaying only your favorite reviews, tagged reviews, or reviews by star-rating. This article explains what changes are being made and what they mean for those using the Carousel TrustBox.
Note: Carousel is the only TrustBox that requires a manual adjustment. The deadline to make the change is March 31st, 2021.
Our goal is to make sure your customers have confidence in the review content displayed on your website and on Trustpilot.com. The new disclaimer makes it clear to consumers which reviews are being shown, offering more transparency and resulting in increased trust in your business.
If you’re using our Carousel TrustBox, you’ll need to make some adjustments to accommodate the new disclaimer. If the TrustBox doesn't meet the new height requirement, it won't function properly, and will show a Trustpilot logo rather than review content.
This table displays what disclaimer will appear depending on which reviews you're showcasing:
|Review filter||Description||Disclaimer text|
|Your latest reviews||Displays reviews in reverse chronological order, starting from your latest review||Showing our latest reviews|
|Your reviews by star rating||Displays the star ratings that you select. For example, all 3-, 4-, and 5-star reviews.||Showing our 3, 4, & 5 star reviews|
|Your favorite reviews||Manually select your favorite reviews to display in the TrustBox||Showing our favorite reviews|
|Your reviews by tag||Select tagged reviews to target a specific audience. You can select one tag per TrustBox.||Showing our favorite reviews|
How to increase the height of your Carousel TrustBox
If you installed Carousel from the TrustBox library
Note: You might require a developer’s help for this. For more information on how to install a TrustBox, check here.
- Within the source code of the webpage where the Carousel TrustBox is installed, find the TrustBoxes HTML code. This should be in the <body> section of the webpage.
- Find the data-style-height snippet and change the height to at least 140 pixels. For example:
If you installed Carousel using an Ecommerce integration
- From your ecommerce platform, navigate to the TrustBox tab.
- In the Preview on dropdown, select the page where your Carousel TrustBox is installed.
- Hover over the Carousel TrustBox in the page preview, and click Customize.
- In the panel on the left hand side, change the Height to at least 140 pixels.
- Click Publish changes to save.
The TrustBox will automatically display the new disclaimer at 140 pixels or above. It may take up to 5 minutes for the changes to appear. If the changes don't appear, try clearing your browser cache or viewing the page in an incognito window.