Table of contents
How to create a CSV file for product catalog
Want to add your products to your product catalog? Follow this guide to create a CSV file in the right format.
What's a product catalog?
A product catalog is a list of all your business’s products that collect reviews. It includes details like product name, photo, and Global Trade Item Number (GTIN).
To set it up, you'll need to create a spreadsheet that contains your products’ details, using a program like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Prepare your spreadsheet using Google Sheets
To prepare your file, follow these steps:
Open a new, blank worksheet in Google Sheets.
Enter your product data in the following order. If you don’t have corresponding data, just leave the space blank.
- Product SKU (required)
- Product name (required)
- Product URL
- Product image URL
- Google Merchant Center product ID
Google product category ID
Variant group ID
Variant age group
Note: If your products don’t have a GTIN or MPN, we recommend that you add your business name as Brand and the products SKU as MPN. If you do this, it’s very important that these identifiers match and are the same in both the feed you send to Google AND the product catalog that you send to us.
Save the file in CSV format. From the File menu, go to Download, and select Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
Prepare your spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel
If you’re using Excel, the steps for creating the spreadsheet are the same, but you’ll need to make sure that you’re saving your file using UTF-8 format.
Submit your catalog
Now that your sheet is ready to go, you can upload it to Trustpilot.
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Reviews > Product reviews > Product catalog. Click Import.
- You can either drag and drop your CSV file into the pane or select Or upload a file from your computer.
- Your file will be uploaded. Check the data to make sure all your information is correct. If there are any errors, you'll need to click Go back and upload a new CSV file with the relevant corrections.
- Once everything looks good, click Confirm import.
To read more about managing your product catalog, check out this article.