Our OpenCart integration allows you to automate your review collection for service and product reviews, add multiple TrustBox widgets, and invite customers to write reviews. In this article, we’ll show you how to get started for version 2.0-2.2x and version 2.3x.
Note: We don’t currently have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes. This integration is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
This article is for OpenCart version 2.0-2.2x or 2.3x. If you're using version 3.0, check out this article.
Download the integration
- From your Trustpilot Business account, navigate to Integrations > Ecommerce > OpenCart.
- Under Select your OpenCart version, use the dropdown to select the relevant version. Click Download.
Install the integration
- From your OpenCart admin page, navigate to Extensions > Extension Installer. This page is found by hovering over the puzzle icon.
- Click Upload. Select the plugin file you just downloaded, and click Open.
- Once the extension has been successfully installed, navigate to Extensions > Modules.
- Find Trustpilot and click on the green Install button.
- You will then see the Trustpilot symbol on the lower left-hand menu. Click on it.
Note: If the Trustpilot symbol does not appear, go to Extensions > Modifications and click on the Refresh button.
- Select your Business Unit using the drop-down menu. Click the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions. Click Confirm.
Manage the integration
Once you've installed the integration, the Trustpilot tab is available in your OpenCart Admin Panel. You can find it on the left-hand panel. From here, you can manage your settings.
Configure your invitations
An order from your OpenCart web store automatically triggers an email invitation to your customer to write a service review on Trustpilot. Here’s how to set up it up:
- From your OpenCart Admin page, navigate to Trustpilot. Click Invitations.
- Configure the Invitation Trigger by choosing between two options. Order confirmed sends an invitation to customers while their order is processing. Order completed sends an invitation when their order is completed.
- You can also configure your Sender Name, Reply-to Email, Trustpilot website, Send Delay, Language of email template, and email template.
- Click Save changes.
Include Product Review invitations
If you use Trustpilot’s Product Reviews for your business, you can turn on the option to include them in your invitation emails.
- From your OpenCart Admin page, navigate to Trustpilot. Click Product Reviews.
- Under Turn product review invitations on, activate the Enable to start getting product reviews toggle.
- Fill in the SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) and MPN (Manufacturer Part Number). These fields are optional.
- Click Save changes.
You can choose to invite customers from the past 1 week to 6 months.
- From your OpenCart Admin page, navigate to Trustpilot. Click Past Orders.
- Under Select all your orders from the past, choose the period you want.
- Click Sync up orders to save.
Add or delete a TrustBox
You can add multiple TrustBox widgets to your web pages using your OpenCart integration.
- From your OpenCart Admin page, navigate to Trustpilot. Click TrustBox.
- Under Choose a TrustBox, select the TrustBox and layout you’d like to use.
- Under Preview on, choose which page you would like to display the TrustBox on. You can then preview the TrustBox by dragging and dropping it onto your on-site display.
- There are several options for configuring your TrustBox. Once you are happy with the position and configuration of your TrustBox, click Publish changes.
- If you want to delete a TrustBox, hover over the TrustBox, and click on the trash bin. You can also Delete unpublished TrustBoxes or Delete all TrustBoxes from website by using the drop-down trash menu. Select the appropriate action, then click Publish changes.
Disconnect the integration
Don’t want to use the integration anymore? No problem. Follow these steps to disconnect it:
- From your OpenCart Admin page, navigate to Trustpilot. Click Settings.
- Click Clear the Integration Key. Then click Save changes.
If you would like to delete the integration:
- From your OpenCart Admin page, navigate to Extensions > Modules. Find Trustpilot and click the uninstall button. Click Ok.
- Navigate to Extensions > Modifications. Select the checkbox next to Trustpilot review module. Click on the trash bin icon in the upper right corner.
Note: Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.