In this article, we’ll show you step by step how to create a file with your customer data, so you can send invitations for product reviews.
First, you'll need to create a spreadsheet with your customer data in a program like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Prepare your spreadsheet using Google Sheets
To prepare your file to be imported, follow these steps:
- Open a new, blank worksheet in Google Sheets.
- Label a column for Customer Email.
- Next to Customer Email, label additional columns for:
- Customer name
- Reference number (the customer’s internal reference number)
- Product name
- Product URL
- Image URL (this one is optional)
- Enter your contacts' information into the relevant fields on the spreadsheet.
Note: If the Reference number and the Customer email address match, all product reviews will be combined in one invitation email.
Prepare your spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel
If you’re using Excel, the steps for creating the spreadsheet are the same, but you’ll need to make sure that you’re saving your file using UTF-8 format.
Import your CSV file
Now you've prepared your CSV file and it’s ready to go. You can open it in a simple text editor like Notepad and it should look like this:
To import your prepared file, all you need to do is:
- Navigate to Trustpilot Business > Get reviews > Invite customers
- In the section Invite manually, select Upload a file - Service and product reviews.
- Click on Select file and upload your CSV file with relevant customer and product data.