Trustpilot has a refreshed brand! That includes our logo, stars, TrustBoxes, and all our brand assets. It’s a new look for Trustpilot — built on a foundation of helping great companies impress, improve and get closer to their customers.
We’re rolling out the brand gradually. This article walks you through what you need to be aware of:
- An overview of the brand rollout.
- What you need to update: TrustBoxes, API integrations and custom widgets, marketing materials or any static images that use our brand assets.
- Where you can find the new brand assets and guidelines.
The switch from old brand to new
From June to July, we’ll be rolling out the new brand across our products and platforms.
These updates will happen automatically. You don’t have to do a thing:
- Trustpilot’s consumer and business websites will switch to our new look
- Your email invitation templates will sport the new logo and stars
- Your embedded Review Form and Evaluate TrustBox will switch to our new look
- Your TrustBox widgets for email (Signature and Newsletter) will switch to our new look
- All social sharing features will switch over: The Image Generator, the one-click share, Facebook page tab, and the Hootsuite app
Make these updates on your own (optional):
- Press one button to switch all TrustBox widgets for websites to the new brand.
If you wait, Trustpilot will automatically switch these TrustBoxes for you, but we strongly recommend doing it on your own. This way, you can update your widgets at your own pace and make any necessary adjustments.
Make these updates on your own (mandatory):
- Any of your custom integrations that use static assets or the resources API
- Any of your marketing materials that use static assets
We recommend switching right away, so your content is up-to-date, but no later than August 31, 2018.
These products will NOT be switched to the new brand:
- Category badge
- Trustpilot badge
How to update your TrustBox widget(s)
Our rebranded TrustBoxes will work exactly the same. They’ve just gotten a new, re-energized look. You can quickly switch to our new TrustBoxes right away:
- Go to Trustpilot Business > TrustBox Update page
- Turn on the new TrustBox design
- Your TrustBoxes will update within 30 minutes of switching to the new design. Check how they look and if you experience any issues, contact our Support Team.
TrustBox widgets for websites will automatically switch to the new brand in July, but you can already update them now and make adjustments at your own pace. It’s not possible to switch TrustBoxes for email (Signature and Newsletter) on your own. We’ll automatically switch those for you.
How to update your API integrations and custom widgets
If you’ve built a custom website integration, you’ll need to manually update your on-site implementation.
Our new logo has new dimensions! Make sure to adjust your on-site implementation and follow our new brand guidelines.
Please update your custom integration as soon as possible, but no later than August 31, 2018.
If you’re using static images
If you’ve built a custom widget using static images, you can replace the images with our new brand assets.
If you’re using images via the resources API
If you’re using the resources API, you will need to update your implementation to point to the new image assets for our star ratings and logo.
Please be aware that we’ll no longer provide support for old images, and that includes all keys starting with “image”. Our old images will be discontinued by the end of the year.
Our rebranded star ratings have a new shape, new colors, and the dimensions are adjusted to follow the 8-point grid system.
The stars are available in these sizes:
The star rating images are also available as .svg.
Get the star rating assets from the same API endpoint, but use the new key name and URL pointing to the new images.
Old star ratings:
New star ratings:
Our rebranded logo has a different look and new dimensions.
The logo is available in light and dark versions in these sizes:
The logo image is also available as .svg.
Get the logo image from the same API endpoint, but use the new key name and URL pointing to the new images.
Please be aware that you can no longer use our brand mark on its own.
The resources API endpoint for the brand mark is deprecated and will be discontinued by the end of the year. We recommend that you use the new Trustpilot logo instead.
How to update your marketing materials
Please update all your marketing materials as soon as possible, but no later than August 31, 2018.
Contact your Customer Success Manager or our Support Team, if you have any questions.