Trustpilot’s free OpenCart plugin allows you to automate your review collection for service and product reviews. You can also add a TrustBox widget using the plugin and invite past customers to write reviews.
In this article: learn how to download, install, and configure the plugin in your web store.
Note: This plugin is for companies who use the OpenCart ecommerce platform. Not you? Go to our other apps. Keep in mind that if you use other automatic invitation methods, you'll have to disable them to avoid sending duplicate invitations to customers.
Key facts about Trustpilot's OpenCart plugin
- Automate your review requests — a new order automatically triggers an email to your customer, requesting that they review your company on Trustpilot.
- Send requests to your past customers in one go!
- Add a TrustBox widget using the plugin.
- The OpenCart plugin supports multi-stores in versions: 2.x and 3.x.
How to set up the OpenCart plugin
Connect your OpenCart web store with Trustpilot in 2 easy steps:
- Download the OpenCart plugin to your computer.
- Upload and activate the plugin in your web store.
Download the OpenCart plugin
Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > eCommerce Integrations > OpenCart, and click on Connect now. Select your OpenCart version and click on Download.
Install the OpenCart plugin
Now that you’ve downloaded the Trustpilot plugin, you can log in to your OpenCart Admin page and install it. There are 3 versions available — make sure to download the right version that matches your OpenCart store.
- Go to your OpenCart Admin page and look in the left-hand menu. Click Extensions > Installer.
- Click on Upload and select the Trustpilot plugin file you just downloaded.
- When you're done uploading the Trustpilot plugin, you'll see a success message.
- Go to Extensions > Extensions, choose Modules. Scroll to find Trustpilot and click Install.
- Navigate to Extensions > Modifications, and tick the box by Trustpilot and click on Refresh.
Keep in mind that if you're using OpenCart 3.x, you'll need to clear your cache. Go to Dashboard > Developer Settings and click Refresh.
You'll see a new success message, and the Trustpilot tab will appear on the left side of your admin page. Click on the Trustpilot tab, and before proceeding, confirm that you understand and accept our privacy conditions.
Configure the OpenCart plugin
Once you've installed the plugin, you'll have various configuration options:
- Set up your email information
- Add a TrustBox using the plugin
- Invite past customers to write reviews
Set up your email information
Go to Invitations and fill out your email information:
- Sender Name: The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive your review request. Note: Currently, the Sender Email is by default the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address.
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website: The Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g., de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay: An order from your OpenCart web store automatically triggers an email to your customer — set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
Configure the Invitation trigger
You can configure what triggers the invitations to be sent to your customers on the General tab.
Choose Order confirmed if you'd like to invite your customers when your OpenCart status is Processing. Choose Order completed if you'd like to invite customers when your OpenCart status is Complete/Shipped. Save changes once you've finalized the configuration.
Add a TrustBox using the plugin
You can add multiple TrustBox widgets to your web pages using your OpenCart plugin.
- To preview a TrustBox, go to your OpenCart Admin page and click on the TrustBox tab in the top menu.
- Select the TrustBox you’d like to preview and drag and drop it on your on-site display. You can rearrange it wherever you want.
- To publish the TrustBox on your site, click Publish Changes.
Additional configuration options:
- Page - Place TrustBoxes on your landing page, category page, or product page. If you prefer another page, simply enter the specific web address.
- Position - Select where on the page you want the TrustBox to appear.
- Horizontal offset - Offset from the left and right side.
- Vertical offset - Offset from the top and bottom.
*If you choose the Product TrustBox, your data-sku attribute will be updated automatically. Remember to add it to your product page.
Invite your past customers
The Trustpilot plugin allows you to invite customers from the past 7 days to 3 months. Select the period you want and click on Sync up orders. Your past orders will now sync up with Trustpilot's invitation system.
Summary of synced orders
Now you'll see a summary of your synced orders, so you'll know which ones synced up successfully with Trustpilot and which ones failed.
In the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of failed orders with more details. You can try syncing up the failed orders again by clicking on Re-sync.
Include product review invitations
The OpenCart plugin allows you to send product review invitations if you're making use of Trustpilot's Product Reviews feature. Learn more about invitations and invitation templates.
To enable product reviews, simply click on the Product review invitations toggle.
Once you've enabled this feature, you can configure your product SKU, GTIN, and MPN fields in OpenCart to let Trustpilot know where you're saving this information on your OpenCart platform. Make sure to Save changes when you're done setting up the configuration.
Keep in mind that we currently don't have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.