The TrustBox Optimizer is a conversion optimization tool that's built into all TrustBoxes. Use it to track and improve the way TrustBoxes impact your on-site conversion rate.
We apply the principles of A/B split testing to compare the performance of two or more TrustBox variations on your website. Based on the data collected, we recommend the best TrustBox setup or placement to help you optimize your website’s conversion rate.
The TrustBox Optimizer is designed for you to run multiple tests. If you’re not satisfied with the results from the first test – or if you get amazing results – don’t stop there! Running more tests helps you learn and refine how to use TrustBoxes. It can also have a positive impact your conversion rate.
Start a conversion optimizer test
First things first. Let's start by configuring your test.
Configure your test
- In Trustpilot Business > Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox library, on the toolbar, click the Optimize your TrustBox button.
- In the Optimize your TrustBox workflow, in the Select TrustBoxes state, find a trustbox you want to include in the test, then click on the Preview and select button.
- On each selected TrustBox's page, under Select for Conversion Optimization Test, click the Select for test button.
- If you want your test to include an option without a TrustBox, under No TrustBox, click the Include in test button.
- Back in Optimize your TrustBox > Select TrustBoxes, click the Continue button.
- In Test Settings, under the Visibility of the test variations heading, move the slider to select the percentage of visitors who will see each test variation. The test variations are set to 50% each by default. When you're done, click the Get code button.
- If you'd like, you can also configure the test's duration. Expand the Duration calcuator and enter data into the fields.
Note: If you're not comfortable editing your website's code, click the Get code button and, in the next workflow state, click the Email this code button to send the code to yourself or your developer.
Add the test code to your website
Now that you've selected the TrustBoxes to test and configured your test options, it's time to add the TrustBox code snippets and conversion tracking code on your website.
A conversion happens when a website visitor completes a desired goal, for example, making a purchase or downloading a product. Pick a conversion point that's relevant for your business, and where you expect that your TrustBox can influence one of your main business metrics.
Important: If this isn't your first optimization test, remove the code from your previous test before you implement the new code.
- In the Get Code workflow state, under TrustBox script, copy the script and paste it in the
<head></head>section of your website's HTML.
- Under TrustBox widget, copy the code for each TrustBox variation and paste it inside the
<body></body>section of the website code where you want the TrustBoxes to appear.
- Under Conversion tracking script, copy and paste the script code inside your website at a point of conversion.
- We recommend that you populate the additional fields between the square brackets with order details. This gives you data about the test's impact on revenue. Here are examples of the three optional variables you can send with your conversion tracking:
Variable Description Data type Example ORDER_TOTAL Total order amount Number 20129.95 CURRENCY The order’s currency String DKK BASKET_SIZE Number of items in the basket Number 3
- Click Save and continue to complete the setup.
- In the Done workflow state, click the I am done button. And then... you're done.
Note: If you use Google Tag Manager, simply copy and pate the code into it.
For more information about how to add TrustBox(es) on different eCommerce systems, you can check our related support articles.
Monitor your test results
Now that you're testing your TrustBoxes, it's time to track how they're performing. We combine the number of website impressions and the number of conversion events to calculate how the different variations affect your conversion rate and revenue.
- In Trustpilot Business > Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer, choose from tabs that contain reports you can use to monitor your test results.
|Summary||Contains an overview of your test results.|
|Detailed report||Contains in-depth information on the current test, such as the winning variation, conversion rate, conversion improvement, and estimated revenue.|
|Test settings||Manage your test's settings here. Change the test variations' rates, stop a test, or start a new test.|
|Test history||A history of all your past tests, including information about test dates, TrustBox variations, conversions, and test duration.|
Stop a test
Once your test has finished – or if you want to end it and start a new test – it's time to stop your test.
- In Trustpilot Business > Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer > Test settings, set the visibility of the variation you'd like to keep at 100%. This hides the other variations from your visitors.
- To keep a variation that has a TrustBox, remove the data-group attribute from the div code.
- To completely remove the TrustBoxes, remove all code from
- Remove the conversion tracking code (unless you plan on running more tests in the future).
Start a new test
To start a new Conversion Optimization Test, stop your previous optimization tests and then start a new test.