Table of contents
The TrustBox Optimizer is a conversion optimization tool built into all our TrustBoxes. You can use it to track and improve the way TrustBoxes impact your on-site conversion rate. Read more about how to get started in this guide.
We apply the principles of A/B split testing to compare the performance of two or more TrustBox widgets on your website. Based on the data collected, we recommend the best setup or placement to help you optimize your website’s conversion rate.
Set up a test
- Log in to your Trustpilot Business account, then navigate to Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer. Click Start new test.
- Click Add widget.
- Select the TrustBox you want to add to the test from the overview. Once you’ve configured the TrustBox widget to your liking, click Add widget to test.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add additional TrustBoxes for comparison. You can include up to 3 versions per test. If you want your test to include an option without a TrustBox, click Add version without widget.
- Under How many visitors should see this?, move the slider to select the percentage of visitors who should see each version.
- Click Next. If you're not comfortable editing your website's code or using Google Tag Manager, select Ask your developer to do it to share the instructions and code with your developer. Otherwise, follow the steps in the next section of this guide.
Add the test code to your website
Important: Remember to remove any code from previous TrustBox Optimizer tests from your website before implementing the code for a new test.
Click Add the code yourself and follow the instructions to implement the code on your website. Make sure you place the TrustBox at a conversion point on your website that’s relevant for your business, e.g. whenever a website visitor completes a desired goal like making a purchase or downloading a product.
When adding the conversion measurement code, we recommend that you populate the additional fields between the square brackets with order details. This gives you data about the test's impact on your revenue.
Here are examples of the three variables you can test with your conversion tracking. If you use Google Tag Manager, simply copy and paste the code into it.
|ORDER_TOTAL||Total order amount||Number||20129.95|
|CURRENCY||The order’s currency||String||DKK|
|BASKET_SIZE||Number of items in the basket||Number||3|
For more information about how to add a TrustBox on different eCommerce systems, you can check out our related support articles.
Monitor your test results
From your Trustpilot Business admin page, navigate to Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer. Click on the test that is running to see how your TrustBoxes are performing.
We combine the number of website impressions and the number of conversion events to calculate how the different variations affect your conversion rate and revenue.
For more information on how to understand your conversion optimization test results, check out our related support article.
Stop a test
- From your Trustpilot Business admin page, navigate to Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer. Select the test you would like to stop and click Stop test.
Note: Stopping the test removes the TrustBoxes from your website, but it doesn’t remove the code.
- Based on the test results, decide which widget you’d like to keep and remove the data-group attribute from that widget’s div code like in the example below.
- To completely remove the TrustBoxes, remove all code from
- Finally, remove the conversion tracking code (unless you plan on running more tests in the future).