The TrustBox Optimizer is a conversion optimization tool built into all our TrustBox widgets. Use it to track and improve the way TrustBoxes impact your on-site conversion rate.
We apply the principles of A/B split testing to compare the performance of two or more TrustBox widgets on your website. Based on the data collected, we recommend the best setup or placement to help you optimize your website’s conversion rate.
Start a conversion optimizer test
Set up a test
- In Trustpilot Business > Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer, click Start new test.
- Click Add widget.
- Select the widget you want to add to the test from the overview. If you want your test to include an option without a TrustBox, click Add version without widget.
- Once you’ve configured the TrustBox widget to your liking, click Add widget to test.
- Move the slider to select the percentage of visitors who will see each test version within the widget you’ve just added to the test.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to select and configure additional TrustBoxes for comparison. You can add up to 3 total versions per test.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions using your preferred method of implementing the widgets on your website. If you're not comfortable editing your website's code or using Google Tag Manager, select Ask your developer to do it to share the instructions and widget code with your developer.
Add the test code to your website
Now it's time to add the TrustBox code snippets and conversion tracking code on your website. Important: remember to remove any code from previous TrustBox Optimizer tests from your website before implementing the code for a new test.
- Click Add the code yourself and follow the instructions to implement the widget code on your website. Make sure you place the widget at a conversion point on your website that’s relevant for your business, e.g. whenever a website visitor completes a desired goal like making a purchase or downloading a product
- Under Conversion measurement code, we recommend that you populate the additional fields between the square brackets with order details. This gives you data about the test's impact on your revenue.
Here are examples of the three variables you can test with your conversion tracking. If you use Google Tag Manager, simply copy and paste the code into it.
|ORDER_TOTAL||Total order amount||Number||20129.95|
|CURRENCY||The order’s currency||String||DKK|
|BASKET_SIZE||Number of items in the basket||Number||3|
For more information about how to add TrustBox(es) on different eCommerce systems, you can check our related support articles.
Monitor your test results
Go to Trustpilot Business > Showcase > Website widgets > TrustBox Optimizer, and click on the test that is running to see how the TrustBoxes you’re testing are performing.
We combine the number of website impressions and the number of conversion events to calculate how the different variations affect your conversion rate and revenue.
For more information on how to understand your conversion optimization test results, check out our related support article.
Stop a test
- In Trustpilot Business > Showcase > TrustBox Optimizer, select the test you would like to stop and click Stop test. Stopping the test removes the TrustBoxes from your website, but it doesn’t remove the code. You’ll have to do that yourself.
- Based on the test results, decide which widget you’d like to keep and remove the data-group attribute from that widget’s div code like in the example below.
- To completely remove the TrustBoxes, remove all code from
- Finally, remove the conversion tracking code (unless you plan on running more tests in the future).