Table of contents
Maximize the value you get from using our TrustBoxes to earn review snippet stars for organic search results. This guide will help you get started.
Installing a product review TrustBox on your product pages is a great way to keep your content fresh and drive more organic traffic. It also makes you eligible to receive review snippet stars, which can help your products stand out in search engine result pages (SERPs).
Note: Review snippets are entirely at the discretion of Google. Even if you've satisfied all of their guidelines, it's not guaranteed that review snippets will be granted.
Verify your TrustBox implementation
The first thing you should do to start getting review snippets is ensure that your TrustBox implementation is done properly. Here’s some tips:
Make sure that all users can see your SEO TrustBox
Feature your TrustBox prominently on your product pages. Your users shouldn't have to scroll to see your TrustBox. If you hide your TrustBox behind tabs or expand-all links, there's a chance that Google won't grant review snippets.
Check that the Schema markup is loading
Next, ensure that your site loads the correct data into the Schema markup. You must include the Product SKU and product title fields.
- Go to your product page on your website and find your TrustBox. Right-click on it, then click Inspect.
Note: Depending on your browser, this command varies. On Chrome use Inspect and on Safari use Inspect Element.
- Make sure the HTML element includes the correct data-sku and data-name fields.
- Scroll to the page's <head> element and find the json-ld. You can also search the element for aggregrateRating. Check to see if the field's name and sku are correct.
Your TrustBoxes include different schema types depending on how they're installed:
- TrustBoxes installed with an ecommerce integration are enriched with product, description, image, and brand markup.
- TrustBoxes installed without an ecommerce integration are only enriched with product markup.
Tip: We don't recommend adding your own markup of the same schema type, in addition to those included in our SEO-optimized product review TrustBoxes. Duplicated markup can have a negative impact on SEO.
Verify that your SEO TrustBox page is eligible for review snippets
If you want to make sure that your product pages with SEO TrustBoxes are properly optimized and generating review snippets, you can perform a simple test. Copy the URL of your product page that has the SEO TrustBox, and paste it into Google’s Rich Results Test. The page will be fetched, analyzed, and a report will be generated. If there are any issues or warnings, they'll be highlighted.
Prompt Google to crawl and index your product pages
Now that you've properly implemented your SEO TrustBox for product reviews, it’s time to tell Google to crawl your product pages. If you sell thousands of products on your site, prompt Google to crawl your most popular products first. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Google Search Console and select your website.
- In the Inspect any URL in "your site's name" field, enter the URL of the page that contains the TrustBox.
- Once the URL data has been retrieved, click Request Indexing.
- Repeat this process for all the URLs that contain the same TrustBox.
If you get a message that says "URL is not on Google", click the Test Live URL button to find out why Google can't crawl your page.
Once Google has indexed your pages, your review snippets should begin to appear in their search results.
Note: If your site is of low authority – one that Google doesn’t crawl very often – and if you don’t prompt Google to fetch your new content, it can take more than three months before Google crawls your product pages.