Table of contents
Got product reviews from other sources or review platforms and want to gather them all in one place? Read on to learn how to import and integrate them into your Trustpilot Business dashboard.
In addition to having all your reviews together, once integrated, reviews from other sources will be included in the product's star rating. You’ll also be able to use Google Ads to promote certain search results and review stars can start appearing for your existing products in organic search. Here’s how to get started:
Create a file of your product reviews
The first thing you’ll need to do is create a file that contains the reviews that you want to integrate. Create a spreadsheet with information listed in columns with this order:
- Customer name
- Product name
- SKU - Make sure that SKUs match the SKUs you’re using for your Trustpilot product reviews.
- Review content
- Star rating (1 to 5 with no decimals)
- Date and time created – Format this according to the ISO 8601 date and time format (For example: 2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00).
Note: You don't need to include these fields as headers in your spreadsheet.
Save your file in .CSV format (semicolon delimited). The information in the file should look like this:
"Joe";"Product Name 1";"sku1";"Good product!";"5";"2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00"
"Jane";"Product Name 2";"sku2";"Bad product :-(";"1";"2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00"
"Maria";"Product Name 3";"sku3";"It's ok...";"3";"2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00"
Notes on formatting your file:
- The date is optional. However, if you don’t include one, our system will set the date as the file upload time.
- Make sure that all fields are separated with semicolons, not commas. You can do this by saving your file as a CSV with semicolons as delimiters.
- All the information included needs to have double quotation marks around each individual piece of data.
- If your review content has any double quotation marks, make sure to replace it with single quotation marks instead. For example, “I love my “new” camera!” should be changed to “I love my ‘new’ camera!”. The Find and Replace command in your spreadsheet of choice will be handy for this.
Import your product reviews
Once you’ve added all the review data and have your file ready in .CSV format, you can import it to your Trustpilot Business dashboard.
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Product reviews > Third-party reviews. Click Import reviews.
- A dialog box will appear. Accept the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Drag your CSV file into the file panel.
- Review the contents of the file and click Confirm to finish importing your reviews.
Note: If you get an error message, double check that you don’t have any missing fields or incorrect formatting. Clicking Show errors will explain where the mistakes have occurred.
Once your reviews have been imported, you can then display them on your website using our Product Reviews MultiSource SEO TrustBox. This TrustBox allows search engines to crawl the content and can be used to display rich snippets in Google search results.
Google Shopping disclaimer
It’s important to note that your imported third-party reviews won’t be reflected in Google Shopping. They’ll count towards your overall star rating for the particular product and will count towards rich snippets, but they won't be fed to Google Shopping.