Import third-party product reviews to Trustpilot
Got product reviews from other sources or review platforms and want to gather them all in one place? Read on to learn how to import and integrate them to Trustpilot.
In addition to having all your reviews together, once integrated, reviews from other sources will be included in the product's star rating. You’ll also be able to use Google Ads to promote certain search results and review stars can start appearing for your existing products in organic search.
In order to import your third-party reviews, you'll need to accept our terms and conditions. These include warranting that the reviews to be imported are genuine, not in violation of third-party rights, unedited, etc.
Create your file
To import your third-party reviews, you’ll need to create a file with all their data. To make sure everything goes smoothly, it’s important that the file is correctly formatted. Here’s some things to consider:
- If your review content has any double quotation marks, make sure to replace it with single quotation marks instead. For example, “I love my “new” camera!” should be changed to “I love my ‘new’ camera!”. The Find and Replace command in your spreadsheet of choice will be handy for this.
- If you've previously added third-party product reviews, but want to add new reviews, you'll need to add the new reviews to the bottom of your original file, then import the updated file.
Create your file using Google Sheets or Excel. Here's how to do it in Sheets:
Open a new, blank worksheet.
Enter the corresponding data for each product review, listed in columns with this order:
- Customer name
- Product name
- SKU - Make sure that SKUs match the SKUs you’re using for your Trustpilot product reviews.
- Review content
- Star rating (1 to 5 with no decimals)
- Date and time created – Format this according to the ISO 8601 date and time format (For example: 2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00).
Save the file in CSV format. From the File menu, go to Download, and select Comma Separated Values (.csv).
Depending on your region, your file will use either commas or semicolons as separators. For the file to upload properly, your fields should be separated with semicolons. There are several ways to achieve this. You can use a file converter or change your regional settings on your computer or spreadsheet program.
Import your product reviews
Once you’ve added all the review data and have your file ready in .CSV format, you can import it to your Trustpilot Business dashboard.
A dialog box will appear. Accept the terms and conditions and click Continue.
Drag your CSV file into the file panel.
Review the contents of the file and click Confirm to finish importing your reviews.
If you get an error message, double check that you don’t have any missing fields or incorrect formatting. Clicking Show errors will explain where the mistakes have occurred.
Once your reviews have been imported, you can then display them on your website using our Product Reviews MultiSource SEO widget. The widget allows search engines to crawl the content and can be used to display rich snippets in Google search results.
Google Shopping disclaimer
It’s important to note that your imported third-party reviews won’t be reflected in Google Shopping. They’ll count towards your overall star rating for the particular product and will count towards rich snippets, but they won't be fed to Google Shopping.