Has your company collected product reviews using another vendor? Import and integrate your product reviews to Trustpilot to have all your product reviews together.
Once you've integrated your reviews, star ratings can start appearing for your existing products in organic search. You'll also be able to use Google Ads to promote certain search results.
Showcase your third party reviews with the MultiSource TrustBoxes or, if you're an Enterprise customer, with the API.
Your imported non-Trustpilot product reviews can have SEO benefits, making it more likely that customers find your products when using search engines. You get these SEO benefits automatically if you use our MultiSource SEO TrustBox.
Note: Trustpilot does not feed your imported product reviews to Google, but you're welcome to request assistance from your previous product review vendor. Some vendors continue feeding reviews up to 12 months after a contract has ended.
Import product reviews
To import product reviews:
- Create a CSV file that contains your reviews. The field values must be enclosed in quotation marks and separated by semicolons, like this:
"Joe";"Product Name 1";"sku1";"Good product!";"5";"2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00" "Jane";"Product Name 2";"sku2";"Bad product :-(";"1";"2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00" "Maria";"Product Name 3";"sku3";"It's ok...";"3";"2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00"List information in this order:
- Customer name
- Product name
- Review content
- Star rating (1 to 5 with no decimals)
- Date and time created – Format this according to the ISO 8601 date and time format (for example, 2015-11-21T01:51:17+00:00).
- In Trustpilot Business > Product Reviews > Third-party reviews, click the Import a new file button.
- In the dialog, accept the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- Under Upload a CSV file with the product review data, drag your CSV file into the file pane.
- Review the contents of the file and click the Confirm button to finish importing your reviews.
- You can import as many product reviews as you want.
- The imported product reviews will only be displayed on your website.
Important: Trustpilot contracts state explicitly that you may only import product reviews that you have the right to use.
Integrate your non-Trustpilot and Trustpilot product reviews
- Use the Get product reviews summaries list method to display the overall star rating of all your Trustpilot product reviews for a given product.
- Use the Get product reviews method to display the product reviews you’ve collected through Trustpilot.
- Use the Get imported product reviews summary method to display the overall star rating for a product. The summary contains information about star averages, distribution, and counts.
- Use the Get imported product reviews method to pull information about individual product reviews from the API, as well as the name of the reviewer, date created, star rating, and review text.