Table of contents
Trustpilot’s Shopify application allows you to automate your review collection for service and product reviews. You can also add multiple TrustBox widgets using the app and invite past customers to write reviews.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect Trustpilot to Shopify.
Note: This integration is for companies who use the Shopify eCommerce platform. Making use of another platform? Check out our other integrations. Keep in mind that if you use other automatic invitation methods you'll have to disable them to avoid sending duplicate invitations to your customers.
Note: This integration isn't compatible with Internet Explorer.
Benefits of the Shopify app
- Automate your review requests — a new order automatically triggers an invitation email to your customer.
- Send review invitations to your past customers.
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets to your webshop.
Connect with the Shopify app
To connect Trustpilot with Shopify:
- Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > Ecommerce > Shopify
- In the text field, enter your Shopify domain and click the Connect button.
- On your Shopify admin page, confirm that you want to integrate with Trustpilot.
- Give Trustpilot permission to connect with Shopify.
Once you've integrated Shopify with Trustpilot, you'll have access to various configuration options. You'll be able to fill out your email information, invite past customers to write reviews, and add multiple TrustBox widgets using the Shopify app.
If you have multiple Shopify websites in local languages with their own Shopify accounts, repeat this process to make sure all of your shops are connected with Trustpilot.
Fill out your email information
Go to the Invitations tab to fill out your email information:
- Sender Name: The sender information that appears in your customer's email inbox when they receive your review request. Currently, the Sender Email is by default the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address.
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website: The Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g. de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay: An order from your Shopify online store automatically triggers an email to your customer. With Send Delay you can set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
If you see the option + Add additional languages, it means you are collecting reviews for multiple domains that are connected to one Trustpilot profile. You can click on + Add additional languages and select other connected websites to select the language and template that you want to use for that website.
Configure the invitation trigger
You can configure what triggers the invitations to be sent to your customers on the General tab.
You can choose between two invitation triggers. Choose Order confirmed if you'd like to invite your customers when your Shopify order is paid. Choose Order completed if you'd like to invite customers when the Shopify order is fulfilled. Save changes once you have finalized the configuration.
Include product review invitations
The Shopify app allows you to send product review invitations if you are making use of Trustpilot's product reviews feature.
To start sending product review invitations, click on Enable to start getting product reviews.
Once you have enabled product reviews, you have to let us know where you are saving your product stock keeping unit (SKU). You do this by selecting a SKU field from the drop-down menu. Note that you have to select one of the available SKU fields to be able to send product review invitations.
To check that SKU information is filled in the field that you have chosen from the drop-down menu, you can click on Check that all your products have SKUs. We will then scan all your products and check that all of them have SKU data. If they do not have SKU data you can go back to your Shopify Admin products section and update the field with missing SKU information.
You can also select product GTIN and MPN fields from the relevant drop-down menus, but these are optional. The SKU field is the one that will always be required for Trustpilot to successfully create product review invitation emails to your customers.
Once you're done, click on Save changes.
Invite past customers to write reviews
The Shopify app allows you to invite customers from the past 7 days up to 6 months ago. Select the period you want and click on Sync up orders. This will sync up your past orders with Trustpilot's invitation system.
You'll be given a summary of your synced orders, so you'll know which ones synced up successfully with Trustpilot and which ones failed.
In the bottom of the page you can see a list of the failed orders with more details. You can try syncing up the failed orders again by clicking on Re-sync.
Add a TrustBox using the Shopify app
You can add multiple TrustBox widgets to your web pages using the Shopify app.
- To add TrustBox widgets, go to your Trustpilot app in your Shopify Admin page, click on the TrustBox tab in the top menu and then choose Try it out. This will open a new window where you will see the list of TrustBoxes and the preview of your shop.
- Add TrustBoxes by dragging and dropping them to the preview of your website. You can choose to place TrustBoxes on your landing page, category page, or product page. (If you want to place them on another page, click on Add a new page and simply enter the specific web address.)
- You can further configure the TrustBox that you have dragged to the preview by hovering over it and click Customize. You can customize position, color theme, width, height, language and the vertical/horizontal offset of the TrustBox.
- To publish the TrustBox on your site, click Publish changes.
Note: Your data-sku attribute will be updated automatically if you choose a Product Reviews TrustBox. Remember to add it to your product page.
We currently don't have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.