I’m running into errors when trying to Connect the Magento App in Trustpilot. What’s going wrong?
The Magento Application is set up to attempt connection with your Magento API as soon as you enter your credentials and click Save on the Connect screen. If an error occurs at this point, it’s because we cannot successfully establish a connection to your Magento API. Depending on the specific error message you receive, there could be several reasons why it’s occurring. Below are some of the common errors and their related causes.
Note: This integration requires WS-I. Magento provides you with the ability to use two modes for SOAP API V2. These are with WS-I compliance mode enabled and WS-I compliance mode disabled. The first one was introduced to make the system flexible, namely, to increase compatibility with .NET and Java programming languages.
How do I resolve the Access denied error when connecting to the Magento App?
- Error message:
Connection problem: Error setting up connection to Magento server: Access denied
- Reason for error: You may be using an incorrect Magento Username and/or Magento API Key credentials.
- How to resolve: Confirm the username you set up in Connect Step C.3 in Magento is the same username you are entering into the Magento Username field in Trustpilot. You may also want to reset your Magento API Key, which was also created in Connect Step C.3.
How do I resolve the No endpoint listening error while trying to connect to the Magento App?
- Error message:
Connection problem: Error setting up connection to Magento server: There was no endpoint listening at https://www.domain.com/api/v2_soap that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.
- Reason for error: There appears to be no API endpoint that we can connect to. This might happen if, for example, you have entered an incorrect webshop domain URL.
- How to resolve: Make sure you’ve entered the exact URL of your webshop’s homepage/main domain URL. We use this to get access to your Magento API.
How do I resolve the Wrong XML Content Type error while trying to connect to the Magento App?
- Error message:
Connection problem: Error setting up connection to Magento server: The content type text/xml; charset=utf-8,text/xml; charset=UTF-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8).
- Reason for error: Trustpilot cannot parse the content type Magento is sending with the response. This is often caused by a server-side issue in your API.
- How to resolve: Check in your Magento configuration that the content type of the binding matches the content type of the response message in the API.
How do I resolve the SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL error while trying to connect to Magento App?
- Error message:
Connection problem:<br /> Error setting up connection to Magento server: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn’t load from 'https://www.domain.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/?wsdl=1' : failed to load external entity 'https://www.domain.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/?wsdl=1' <br /> Connection problem: <br />Error setting up connection to Magento server: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn’t load from 'https://www.domain.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/?wsdl=1' : Premature end of data in tag html line 2
- Reason for error: This is an API server error. The Magento SOAP API is experiencing issues connecting to itself.
- How to resolve: Have your webmaster investigate the problem, then try to connect to the Magento App again.
- Possible cause and related steps to resolve:
- Cause #1: Web hosting provider does not support loopback connection which is essential for Magento to operate.
- Solution #1: Contact the provider and ask them to confirm whether or not loopback connection is supported.
- Cause #2: Magento store cannot connect to itself to load external entity.
- Solution #2: Enable WSDL caching in Magento backend: System > Magento Core API > Enable WSDL Cache set it "Yes".
- Cause #3: Magento is heavily loaded and has performance issues, thus, the request cannot be processed and timeout occurs.
- Solution #3: Try again later.
How do I resolve the This may not be an API URL or 0 SOAP extension is not loaded error while trying to connect to the Magento App?
- Error message:
Connection problem: Remote server responded with a text response. This may not be an API url? In addition, the API URL "http://www.domain.com/api/v2_soap" opens with error: 0 SOAP extension is not loaded.
- Reason for error: This error is caused by an incomplete setup of your Magento server. It is telling us that PHP's SOAP extension is not loaded or installed. SOAP is the communication protocol used by the Magento API - if it is not enabled on the Magento server, we cannot communicate with it.
- How to resolve: The best course of action is to contact your webmaster or Magento hosting provider and ask them to enable the SOAP extension for PHP.
How do I resolve the Magento connection error: Timeout or Magento connection error: undefined error while trying to connect to the Magento App?
- Error message:
Connection problem: Magento connection error: Timeoutor
Connection problem: Magento connection error: undefined
- Reason for error: There appears to be a timeout while trying to establish a connection to your Magento API. The root cause can be a number of things, for example a firewall issue, slow server, or network problem.
- How to resolve: Escalate the issue to your webmaster. If your webmaster is unable to find the root cause, you can contact our Support Team to notify us of the error, and see whether we can help narrow down the problem.
None of the above? The problem continues?
Contact our Support Team for further assistance.
I’ve connected the Magento Application successfully, but some or no invitations are being sent out from Trustpilot. What’s wrong?
It’s possible you have customized your Magento API and it no longer contains the methods Trustpilot needs to be able to trigger invitations. Please confirm any customizations with your IT team/webmaster. Also, check that the Role Resources configured for your SOAP API role in Magento meet the minimum required resources that Trustpilot needs to successfully send invitations. The list of minimum required resources is below and is also available here.
If role resources are correctly set up and you still experience errors, there could be a few possible reasons. The most common ones are below.
How do I resolve the Procedure salesOrderList not present error when no invitations, or only some invitations are being sent from Trustpilot?
- Error message: Connection between the Trustpilot Magento Application and Magento webshop is successfully completed, but no invitations are sent out. In the logs, the error is:
System.ServiceModel.FaultExceptionL Procedure ‘salesOrderList’ not present
- Reason for error: The SOAP API cannot find salesOrderList, which Trustpilot needs in order to create and send invitations.
- How to resolve: Contact your webmaster regarding a change to your SOAP API, then try to reconnect after ensuring the salesOrderList is included.
How do I resolve the Zero length response error when no invitations, or only some invitations are being sent from Trustpilot?
- Error message: Connection between the Trustpilot Magento application and the Magento webshop is successfully completed, but no invitations are sent out. The error is a zero length response.
- Reason for error: We receive an empty HTML response, a zero length response. This is an invalid response in an unexpected format, as we expect a valid SOAP XML response.
- How to resolve: Investigate why your SOAP API response returns zero length responses to our requests. In cases of this sort, the error is on the Magento side.
How do I resolve the Product not exists error when no invitations, or only some invitations are being sent from Trustpilot?
- Error message:
Product not exists
- Reason for error: Product does not exist or was incorrectly setup.
- How to resolve: Escalate the issue to your webmaster. In this case, Trustpilot gets back a response stating that the product doesn’t exist in your Magento store. Please check with your webmaster that the product is set up properly and includes all methods Trustpilot needs to generate invitations.
Other and General Questions
I am collecting product reviews via the Magento application, but the product URLs for each product review sends me to a 404 page. What’s the issue?
You may be using both simple and configurable products in your Magento store, where the simple products are hidden from consumers. In this type of configuration, we cannot find the correct simple product URL via the Magento API. A workaround solution is to re-direct the simple product URLs to its parent configurable product URLs.
I use only one Admin account for multiple Magento stores. Each store uses the same SOAP API connection. Can I connect each individual store with the Magento App?
Yes, we support multiple store connections for the Magento App. You can read more about how to connect each individual store in the Magento MultiStore article.
How does Trustpilot handle situations where some orders in Magento are missing key pieces of information, such as customer email? Does that break the whole integration?
If orders come in through your Magento shop that are missing data such as customer name, email, or reference number, our Magento App will try to trigger an invitation, but if it fails because of the missing data, it will skip the order and move onto the next one. This may result in some orders in your Magento shop not appearing in Invitations History in the Trustpilot Business Portal. Such instances will not break the whole integration; only individual orders missing key data will be skipped.
What types of products do we support and what do they do?
- Bundled and Group products: These are complex products that have several simple products attached to them. If these products are found in any orders, all simple products are ignored and product review invitations are only sent for the parent complex product.
- Configurable products: A configurable product looks like a single product with options for variations, for e.g. a shirt in 3 different colours. Product reviews will be sent to the parent complex product if it has the same "url_key" as the selected simple product, otherwise the simple product will be reviewed on its own.
- Simple products (includes virtual and downloadable products): These products are, as the name suggests, simple, and just contain a static product. They get an individual product review, unless they fall into one of the above categories, in which case that particular category's set of rules apply.
Can I whitelist Trustpilot’s IP address with my eCommerce system?
We don’t have an IP address but you can use our user agent: