Trustpilot’s free WooCommerce plugin allows you to automate your review collection for service and product reviews. You can also add a TrustBox widget using the plugin and invite past customers to write reviews.
In this article: learn how to download, install, and configure the plugin in your web store.
Note: This plugin is for companies who use the WooCommerce ecommerce platform. Not you? Go to our other apps. Keep in mind that if you use other automatic invitation methods, you'll have to disable them to avoid sending duplicate invitations to customers.
Key facts about Trustpilot's WooCommerce plugin
- Automate your review requests — a new order automatically triggers an email to your customer, requesting that they review your company on Trustpilot.
- Send requests to your past customers in one go!
- Add a TrustBox widget using the plugin.
How to set up the WooCommerce plugin
Connect your WooCommerce web store with Trustpilot in 2 easy steps:
- Download the WooCommerce plugin to your computer.
- Upload and activate the plugin in your web store.
Download the WooCommerce plugin
Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > eCommerce Integrations > WooCommerce for WordPress, and click on Connect now. Now click on Download.
Install the WooCommerce plugin
Now that you’ve downloaded the Trustpilot plugin, you can log in to your WordPress Admin page and install it:
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Click on Upload Plugin at the top of the page.
- This will bring you to the plugin upload page where you need to click on Choose file.
- Now select the plugin file you just downloaded, and click on Install Now.
- WordPress will now upload the plugin file from your computer and install it for you. You'll see this success message when the installation is complete:
- Once installed, you need to click on Activate Plugin.
- Click on Settings or on the Trustpilot icon on the left. You may have to use your Trustpilot Business credentials to log in.
- Review the legal terms and confirm by clicking Continue.
- Done! You've installed the plugin successfully.
Configure the WooCommerce plugin
Once you've installed the plugin, you'll have various configuration options:
- Set up your email information
- Add a TrustBox using the plugin
- Invite past customers to write reviews
Set up your email information
Go to Invitations and fill out your email information:
- Sender Name: The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive your review request. Note: Currently, the Sender Email is by default the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address.
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website: The Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g., de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay: An order from your WooCommerce web store automatically triggers an email to your customer - set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
Want to include product review invitations? If you are using our Product Reviews feature, you can select Yes to include a Product Review request. Learn more about invitations and invitation templates.
Add a TrustBox using the plugin
You can add a TrustBox widget using the WooCommerce plugin:
- Click Choose a TrustBox.
- You'll be sent to Trustpilot's TrustBox Library.
- Once you've found the TrustBox you want, press Get code.
- Copy the second code snippet and go back to the Wordpress Admin page.
- Paste the code inside the TrustBox code snippet box.
- Now you'll be able to preview your TrustBox' on-site display and position it wherever you want.
- Press Save Changes to publish your TrustBox.
Additional configuration options:
- Page - You can place the TrustBox on your landing page, category page, or product page.
- Position - Select where on the page you want the TrustBox to appear.
- Horizontal offset - Offset from left and right side.
- Vertical offset - Offset from top and bottom.
Remember to Save Changes.
*If you choose the Product TrustBox, your data-sku attribute will be updated automatically. Remember to add it to your product page.
Invite your past customers
The Trustpilot plugin allows you to invite customers from the past 7 days to 1 year. Select the period you want and click on Sync up orders. Now, your past orders will sync up with Trustpilot's invitation system.
Summary of synced orders
Now you'll see a summary of your synced orders, so you'll know which ones synced up successfully with Trustpilot and which ones failed.
In the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of failed orders with more details. You can try syncing up the failed orders again by clicking on Re-sync.
We don't currently have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.