The WooCommerce App is one of a series of applications we are building to provide seamless ways for companies to invite their customers to leave a review on Trustpilot. This application framework allows Trustpilot to pull the required data directly from your WooCommerce web store, passing that data to our invitation service.
Some key things to know about the WooCommerce app:
- The App uses WooCommerce’s REST API, available from v. 2.1 and newer
- It only supports the permalinks structure "post name" (Settings > Permalinks)
- It only supports APIs running on https
- The App triggers Trustpilot invitations when a new order is created in your WooCommerce webshop
- Create WooCommerce order = automatically trigger review invitation
- It’s possible to set a delay of up to 90 days
- It’s possible to send out invitations to past customers (up to one year prior)
- It’s possible to collect product reviews together with the service review invitation
- Currently, the App invites new customers and returning customers, depending on the company’s specified invitation settings
- We recommend that companies turn off AFS when implementing the WooCommerce App to avoid duplicate invitations which can lead to difficulties in collecting product reviews
- User role should be set to Shop Manager or Administrator in order to successfully connect the App
Step-by-Step Instructions for Setting Up the WooCommerce App (Based on version 2.3.5 - 2.6.8)
Connect with the WooCommerce App to invite your customers to leave a review on Trustpilot in 4 easy steps.
CONNECT YOUR WOOCOMMERCE SHOP WITH TRUSTPILOT
- Open https://ecommerce-invitations.b2b.trustpilot.com/ and click the WooCommerce button to begin connecting your WooCommerce webshop with Trustpilot.
- In WooCommerce, set up a new user and API credentials. Full instructions are listed on the Connect page in the Trustpilot Business Portal.
- A. Log into WordPress/WooCommerce shop as an admin user
- B. Make sure to select the Post Name link structure under Settings > Permalinks. (NOTE: Making any changes to this setting will change your site’s URL structure. Please proceed with caution.)
- C.1 Navigate to Users in left-hand menu
- C.2 Click Add New
- C.3 Enter required fields
- C.4 Select Shop Manager role
- C.5 Click Add new user
- D.1 Navigate to WooCommerce/Settings, click on "API"
- D.2 Click on Keys/Apps
- D.3 Click on Add Key
- D.4 Find the user you created in Step 2C
- D.5 Click on Generate API Key
- D.6 You should now see a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
- Enter the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret that you just set up in WooCommerce, as well as the full URL of your shop. Click Save.
SET UP YOUR INVITATION SETTINGS
- Set up your invitation settings, including:
- Sender Name and Sender Email: The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive the review invitation (note: currently the Sender Email will always be the default "noreply.invitations" Trustpilot email).
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if responding to the invitation. (Reply-to emails can be added and verified via the Invite Your Customers page in the Business Portal.)
- Trustpilot Website: The Trustpilot landing page your customers will be sent to when writing their review. Trustpilot has separate websites for different locales which will change the language e.g. de.trustpilot.com is the German Trustpilot website.
- Invitation Trigger: The action in WooCommerce that will trigger a new Trustpilot review invitation. The trigger we currently support is Order Created.
- Send Delay: The number of days delay between receiving the trigger and sending a review invitation (maximum is 90 days).
- Want to include product review invitations? If you are using Product Reviews, you can select Yes to include a Product Review invitation.
- Want to invite past customers? This allows you to invite past customers, from 7 days up to one year (If this option is missing, you already went through the setup once, disconnect the integration and start over).
SELECT AN EMAIL TEMPLATE FOR YOUR INVITATIONS
- Choose the template you want to send to customers. Listed templates come from your manual review invitations template library. You can access and edit your manual review invitations templates in the Template Editor in the Business Portal. Find more information here.
Preview the email by sending a test email (only for service reviews). Complete the setup by clicking on the Continue button.
SETUP COMPLETE CONFIRMATION
- Click Yes, send invitations. That’s it! Once connected and set up, you will see a confirmation screen, confirming that invitations are being sent out for new orders in WooCommerce. From here you can view your Invitations History or edit your WooCommerce App invitation settings.