Trustpilot’s free WooCommerce plugin allows you to automate your review collection for service and product reviews. You can also add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin and invite past customers to write reviews.
In this article: learn how to download, install, and configure the plugin in your web store.
Note: This plugin is for companies who use the WooCommerce ecommerce platform. Not you? Go to our other invitations. Keep in mind that if you use other automatic invitation methods, you'll have to disable them to avoid sending duplicate invitations to customers.
Key facts about Trustpilot's WooCommerce plugin
- Automate your review requests — a new order automatically triggers an email to your customer, requesting that they review your company on Trustpilot.
- Send requests to your past customers in one go!
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin.
Set up the WooCommerce plugin
Connect your WooCommerce web store with Trustpilot in 2 easy steps:
- Download the WooCommerce plugin to your computer.
- Upload and activate the plugin in your web store.
Download the WooCommerce plugin
Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > WooCommerce for WordPress, and click on Connect now. Now click on Download.
Install the WooCommerce plugin
Now that you’ve downloaded the Trustpilot plugin, you can log in to your WordPress Admin page and install it:
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Click on Upload Plugin at the top of the page.
- This will bring you to the plugin upload page where you need to click on Choose file.
- Now select the plugin file you just downloaded, and click on Install Now.
- WordPress will now upload the plugin file from your computer and install it for you. You'll see this success message when the installation is complete:
- Once installed, you need to click on Activate Plugin.
- Click on Settings or on the Trustpilot icon on the left. You may have to use your Trustpilot Business credentials to log in.
- Review the legal terms, click the I understand and accept the above check box, then click the Confirm button.
- Done! You've installed the plugin successfully.
Configure the WooCommerce plugin
Once you've installed the plugin, you'll have various configuration options:
- Set up your email information
- Invite past customers to write reviews
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin
Set up your email information
Go to Invitations and fill out your email information:
- Sender Name: The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive your review request. Note: Currently, the Sender Email is by default the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address.
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website: The Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g., de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay: An order from your WooCommerce web store automatically triggers an email to your customer - set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
Configure the Invitation trigger
You can configure what triggers the invitations to be sent to your customers on the General tab.
Choose Order confirmed if you'd like to invite your customers when WooCommerce is Processing your order. Choose Order completed if you'd like to invite customers when the order is Completed. Save changes once you have finalized the configuration.
Include product review invitations
The WooCommerce plugin allows you to send product review invitations if you are making use of Trustpilot's product reviews feature.
To start sending product review invitations, click on Enable to start getting product reviews.
Once you have enabled product reviews, you can configure your product SKU, GTIN and MPN fields in WooCommerce to let Trustpilot know where you are saving this information on your WooCommerce platform. Select Save changes when you're done setting up the configuration.
Invite past customers to write reviews
The Trustpilot plugin allows you to invite customers from the past 7 days to 3 months. Select the period you want and click on Sync up orders. Now, your past orders will sync up with Trustpilot's invitation system.
Summary of synced orders
Now you'll see a summary of your synced orders, so you'll know which ones synced up successfully with Trustpilot and which ones failed.
In the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of failed orders with more details. You can try syncing up the failed orders again by clicking on Re-sync.
Add a TrustBox using the plugin
You can add multiple TrustBox widgets to your web pages using your WooCommerce plugin.
- To preview a TrustBox, go to your WooCommerce Admin page and click on the TrustBox tab in the top menu.
- Select the TrustBox you’d like to preview and drag and drop it on your on-site display. You can rearrange it wherever you want.
- To publish the TrustBox on your site, click Publish Changes.
Additional configuration options:
- Page - Place TrustBoxes on your landing page, category page, or product page. If you prefer another page, simply enter the specific web address.
- Position - Select where on the page you want the TrustBox to appear.
- Horizontal offset - Offset from the left and right side.
- Vertical offset - Offset from the top and bottom.
Note: If you choose the Product TrustBox, your data-sku attribute will be updated automatically. Remember to add it to your product page.
To get started with rich snippets in Google Search using TrustBoxes:
- Choose a TrustBox and drag and drop it on your on-site display.
- Click on the TrustBox you are previewing and click Customize.
- Enable Rich Snippets for SEO.
We’re continuously following the trends in structured data and can ensure that your implementation is always compliant with Google’s guidelines provided you carefully follow the TrustBox implementation guidelines.
We don't currently have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.