Table of contents
Product reviews help your customers make decisions about which products to buy. Browse this list of commonly asked questions about them, to get the most out of your reviews.
Where can I see my product reviews?
You can find your product reviews on the Product reviews section of your Trustpilot Business account.
Can a service count towards a product review?
This can be a little tricky. Product reviews are best for tangible products. This is to avoid confusion between a service that overlaps with your business’s general service. But yes, some services can also be a product. Here are some examples:
- Specific movies and theater shows
- Online courses (e.g. Italian)
- Car washes (e.g. premium wash)
Can I set up reminders for my customers to write a product review?
Yes. When you send out the first invitation to write a product review, you can also include invitation reminders. This feature will automatically send a reminder message to your customers to write their review. Learn how to configure your invitation settings in this article.
Are aggregator websites eligible for product reviews?
Since products need to be sold directly to the customer, unfortunately aggregator sites aren’t eligible at this stage.
When is the best time to send product review invitations?
It’s a good idea to schedule invitations for product reviews with a 7-day delay after an order is placed. This will ensure that your customers don’t receive a review invitation before a product has been delivered to them.
Can I share my product reviews on social media?
Not all my products have product attributes. Do I need separate TrustBoxes to display product reviews and product attributes?
No. You can implement either the Product Reviews TrustBox or the Product Reviews SEO TrustBox. For each of these, if the product has attribute ratings, the TrustBox will automatically enable them. If there aren't attributes, the TrustBox only displays the overall rating and reviews.
If I disable product attributes in Trustpilot Business, will my product attribute ratings be lost?
No data is lost if you decide to disable them. All collected reviews that contain product attributes will continue to be visible, but new reviews will not show an attribute option for reviewers to select. You can always enable them again.
Can I integrate third party reviews with my Trustpilot reviews?
Are there SEO benefits to product reviews?
Absolutely. By enabling search engines to index your product review content, you'll help potential customers find your product pages. TrustBoxes allow search engines to crawl the content, giving you SEO benefits to boost the organic ranking of your site. Our Product Review SEO TrustBoxes can be used to display your product reviews from Trustpilot. If you’ve collected reviews from sources outside of Trustpilot, use one of our Product Reviews MultiSource SEO TrustBoxes.
Can product reviews help improve my ranking on Google?
You can use your product reviews to improve your rankings on Google by using Google Shopping Ads. To get started, you’ll need a Google AdWords account and a Google Merchant Center account. Then, you can begin feeding your products directly to Google Shopping.
The Google Shopping product feed is different from the product review feed that Trustpilot sends to Google Shopping. Google must receive both product feeds for you to get review snippets on Google.
How can I make sure that my product reviews are being listed in Google Shopping Ads?
Be sure that you’re doing the following:
- Apply to get your star rating in Google Shopping Ads. Read Google’s Products Feed Specification to learn how to get a feed of your products to Google.
- Meet Google’s minimum product review requirements. To be listed in Google Shopping, your company must have a minimum of 50 product reviews. Your product needs at least three reviews, including one from a customer that you invited to leave a review.
- Send the right SKUs and/or product URLs. The data you send to Google must match the data you send to Trustpilot.
- Get started with product reviews
- Manage your product reviews
- How to create a CSV file for product reviews
- Manage product attributes
- Manage your product review photos and videos
- How to create a CSV file for product catalog
- Manage your product catalog
- Import third-party product reviews to Trustpilot
- Get rich snippets with product review TrustBox widgets
- Product Q&A TrustBox widget
- See more