Get loads of service and product reviews with ease. Set up Trustpilot's Magento integration to completely automate the way you invite customers to write reviews.
*This app is designed for companies who use the OpenCart eCommerce platform. Not you? Go to our other apps.
Key facts about the Magento App
- A new order automatically triggers an email to your customer, requesting that they review your company on Trustpilot.
- The Magento plugin supports multi-stores in versions: 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2.
How to set up the Magento App
Connect your Magento platform with Trustpilot in 3 easy steps:
- Select your current Magento version
- Specify your email settings
- Install the plugin in your Magento webshop
Select your current Magento version
- Go to Trustpilot Business, click on Integrations > Go to Apps page, choose Magento and click Connect now.
- You'll be redirected to the Magento integration guide. Click Continue.
- Select the current Magento version that you're using.
Specify your email settings
Set up your email information:
Sender Name: The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive your review request.
Note: Currently, the Sender Email is by default the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address.
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot Website: The Trustpilot landing page your customers will be sent to when writing their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g., de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay: An order from your Magento platform automatically triggers an email to your customer - set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
- Want to include product review invitations? If you are using our Product Reviews feature, you can select Yes to include a product review request.
Select an email template.
- Choose the email template you want to send your customers. You can access and edit templates in Trustpilot Business’ Template Editor. Find more information here.
- Get a preview by sending yourself a test email. Note: The test email is currently only available for service reviews. Complete your setup by clicking on the Continue button.
- Confirm your email details, read and accept Trustpilot's Terms & Conditions, and click Continue.
Magento 1.x - Install the plugin in your webshop
Download the Trustpilot plugin
When you’re done with your email settings, you’ll need to download the Trustpilot plugin on your computer. To do so, select Click here to download the file. Next, click on Copy the key and go to your Magento webshop.
Upload the Trustpilot plugin in Magento
Now that you’ve downloaded the Trustpilot plugin, you can log in to Magento Admin and install it.
- To install the plugin, use the Direct package file upload feature available in Magento Connect Manager. Please note that after the plugin is installed, you have to log out of Magento Admin and log in again.
- Go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager
- Log in using your Magento Admin Panel credentials
- Click Choose file
- Select the zip file you downloaded from Trustpilot's Business Portal
- Click Upload
- Wait for the plugin installation to finish
- Under Manage Existing Extensions, verify that the Trustpilot plugin appears in the list
- Log out of Magento and back in again
- Next, navigate to System > Configuration
- Change the configuration scope from Default Config to Main Website (or any of your other websites)
- Scroll down to Trustpilot, expand the panel and click General
- Scroll back to the top, expand General Settings and paste the installation key you copied from Trustpilot Business
- Click Save Config
- After you save the plugin configurations, go back to Trustpilot Business and finalize the integration by clicking on Done! I've Installed the plugin. You're done!
Magento 2.x - Install the plugin in your webshop
Download and install the plugin
Installing the Trustpilot plugin in your Magento 2.x platform requires technical knowledge and access to the command line interface (terminal) of your webshop server. The plugin can be installed using Composer.
Important: Your webshop will be inaccessible during the 5-15 minute installation process. We strongly recommend installing the plugin when your webshop is least busy and make sure to make a backup beforehand.
- Log in to your Magento server using SSH (Secure Shell) and run the following commands:
- Create a backup by navigating to the root directory of your Magento installation and executing the command below. Please note that your website will be inaccessible during the backup process.
php bin/magento setup:backup --code --db --media
- Next, enable maintenance mode:
php bin/magento maintenance:enable
- Download and install the Trustpilot plugin using Composer
composer require “trustpilot/module-reviews”
- If this is the first time you install a plugin using Composer, Magento will ask you to provide your Magento Marketplace account credentials. To find your account information go to https://marketplace.magento.com > My profile > Access Keys > Create A New Access Key.
Note: Your public key is your username, while your private key is your password.
- Enable the Trustpilot plugin
php bin/magento module:enable Trustpilot_Reviews --clear-static-content
- Update the database schema. Please note that this command is global and will enable all the Magento plugins that you have installed, so please proceed cautiously.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Compile (Note: This command is only required in production mode)
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- Deploy static content (Note: This command is only required in production mode)
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Disable maintenance mode
php bin/magento maintenance:disable
Enter the installation key
Now that you’ve installed the Trustpilot plugin, you can log in to Magento Admin and complete the integration by providing the installation key.
- First, go to Trustpilot Business and copy the installation key, you will find it at step 11.
- Then, navigate back to Magento Admin, click Stores > Configuration.
- Change store view from Default Config to Main Website (or any of your other websites).
- Click on Trustpilot > General and paste the installation key that you copied from Trustpilot Business.
- Click Save Config.
- After you save the plugin configurations, go back to Trustpilot Business and finalize the integration by clicking on Done! I've installed the plugin. You’re done!