Trustpilot’s free Magento plugin allows you to automate your review collection for service and product reviews. You can also add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin and invite past customers to write reviews.
Learn how to download, install, and configure the plugin in your web store.
Note: This plugin is for companies who use the Magento eCommerce platform. Not you? Go to our other integrations. Keep in mind that if you use other automatic invitation methods, you'll have to disable them to avoid sending duplicate invitations to customers.
Note: This integration isn't compatible with Internet Explorer.
Here's the information regarding the Magento 1 plugin. Click here if you are using Magento 2.
Key facts about Trustpilot's Magento 1 plugin
- Automate your review requests — a new order automatically triggers an email to your customer, requesting that they review your company on Trustpilot.
- Send requests to your past customers in one go!
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin.
- The Magento 1 plugin supports Magento versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9.
Note: This integration isn't compatible with Internet Explorer.
Set up the Magento 1 plugin
Connect your Magento 1 web store with Trustpilot in two easy steps:
- Download the Magento 1 plugin to your computer.
- Upload and activate the plugin in your web store.
Download the Magento 1 plugin
- Go to Trustpilot Business > Integrations > Ecommerce Integrations > Magento 1, and click on the Connect now button. Next, click the Download button.
Install the Magento 1 plugin
Now that you’ve downloaded the Trustpilot plugin, log in to your Magento Admin Panel page and install the plugin:
- Go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager and log in.
- Click on Choose file and select the plugin file you just downloaded, then click the Upload button.
- Click on the Return to Admin link on the top of the page.
- Once you return to the Admin Panel, you'll see the Trustpilot tab. You may have to use your Trustpilot Business credentials to log in.
- Review the legal terms, click the I understand and accept the above check box, then click the Confirm button.
- Done! You've installed the plugin successfully.
Configure the Magento 1 plugin
Once you've installed the plugin, you'll have various configuration options. You can:
- Set up your email information
- Invite past customers to write reviews
- Add multiple TrustBox widgets using the plugin
Set up your email information
Go to Invitations and fill out your email information:
- Sender Name: The sender information that appears in your customer's inbox when they receive your review request. Note: Currently, the Sender Email is the noreply.invitations Trustpilot email address by default.
- Reply-to Email: The email address you want your customers to use if they respond to your email.
- Trustpilot website: The Trustpilot landing page where your customers will write their review. Trustpilot has separate websites locales, e.g., de.trustpilot.com is the Trustpilot website for Germany.
- Send Delay: An order from your Magento web store automatically triggers an email to your customer - set the number of days you'd like us to wait before the email is actually sent. The maximum delay is 90 days.
If you enabled multi-store functionality on Magento to have your shop translated into different languages, you can set up email templates in multiple language.
Configure the Invitation trigger
Configure what triggers the invitations to be sent to your customers on the General tab.
- Choose Order confirmed if you'd like to invite your customers when Magento is Processing your order.
- Choose Order completed if you'd like to invite customers when the order is Complete.
Click the Save changes button to finalize the configuration.
Include product review invitations
The Magento plugin allows you to send product review invitations if you use Trustpilot's product reviews feature.
To start sending product review invitations, click on Enable to start getting product reviews.
Once you have enabled product reviews, you have to let us know where you are saving your product stock keeping unit (SKU). You do this by selecting a SKU field from the drop-down menu. Note that you have to select one of the available SKU fields to be able to send product invitations.
You can also select product GTIN and MPN fields from the relevant drop-down menus, but these are optional. The SKU field is the one that will always be required for Trustpilot to successfully create product review invitation emails to your customers.
Once you're done, click the Save changes button to save your configuration.
Invite past customers to write reviews
The Trustpilot plugin allows you to invite customers from the past 7 days to 6 months. Select the period you want and click on Sync up orders. Now your past orders will sync up with Trustpilot's invitation system.
Summary of synced orders
Next, you'll see a summary of your synced orders, so you'll know which ones synced up successfully with Trustpilot and which ones failed.
At the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of failed orders with more details. To attempt to sync up the failed orders again, click the Re-sync button.
Add a TrustBox using the plugin
You can add multiple TrustBox widgets to your web pages using your Magento plugin.
- To preview a TrustBox, go to your Magento Admin page and click the TrustBox tab in the top menu.
- Select the TrustBox you’d like to preview and drag and drop it on your on-site display. You can rearrange it wherever you want.
- To publish the TrustBox on your site, click Publish Changes.
You can also configure these TrustBox attributes:
- Page - Place TrustBoxes on your landing page, category page, or product page. If you prefer another page, simply enter the specific web address.
- Position - Select where on the page you want the TrustBox to appear.
- Horizontal offset - Offset from the left and right side.
- Vertical offset - Offset from the top and bottom.
Note: If you choose the Product TrustBox, your data-sku attribute will be updated automatically. Remember to add it to your product page.
To get started with rich snippets in Google Search using TrustBoxes:
- Choose a TrustBox and drag and drop it on your on-site display.
- Click on the TrustBox you are previewing and click Customize.
- Enable Rich Snippets for SEO.
Keep in mind that we currently don't have a sandbox environment available for testing purposes.
Trustpilot is not liable for any links to third party websites in this article, including the content on any other websites linked to from this article.