As part of a community that works together to maintain trust and integrity, reviewers can easily let us know about reviews that violate our guidelines.
For which reasons can I notify Trustpilot about a review?
- the review contains personal information
- the review has offensive language
- the review is spam
- the review does not reflect a genuine buying or service experience
How do I notify Trustpilot about a review?
- Find the review you want to notify us about. Click on the flag icon.
- Confirm that you're a reviewer. If you represent the company that's been reviewed, you'll be asked to report the review via your business account.
- Select the reason(s) for which you're notifying us about the review. Specify the problem in the text box provided.
- Click Submit.
- You'll see a confirmation message that lets you know our Content Integrity Team has been notified.
What happens next?
- Each notification generates a ticket that is sent to our Content Integrity Team.
- We'll let you know that we're investigating the review to see if it violates our User Guidelines as specified in the notification. During this process, we continue to show the notified review on Trustpilot and still count it in the star rating and TrustScore.
- If a review violates our guidelines but it can be brought into line - e.g. if it contains offensive words that can be removed - it will be temporarily hidden until the review's author makes the appropriate changes. If they don't, the review will stay offline indefinitely.
- If a review violates our guidelines and it can't be brought into line - e.g. if it's found to be fake - it will be removed.
Can I notify Trustpilot about multiple reviews on a company profile page?
Notifying us about reviews should be limited to instances where you have legitimate concerns and can show a particular reason why a review is suspicious or violates one or more of our rules. Please be aware that notifying a large number of reviews or re-notifying reviews you've previously flagged without good reason can be considered misuse of our notifying function.
Note: If you notice any suspicious activities or have information about misuse or abuse of Trustpilot's community, you can use our whistleblower function to contact our Content Integrity Team directly — just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll investigate the allegations and the evidence, and take appropriate steps to address any problems.
What happens if someone notifies Trustpilot about my review?
You won't be sent an email if someone notifies us about your review. However, if our Content Integrity Team finds that your review does violate our guidelines, you'll receive an email letting you know what you can do to help you get your review back online.
How should business users notify and report reviews?
If you're a business user who wishes to notify us about a review on another company's profile, you can follow the notification procedure as a Trustpilot community member.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us.