As part of a community that works together to maintain trust and integrity, reviewers can easily let us know about reviews that violate our guidelines.
For which reasons can I notify Trustpilot about a review?
- the review contains your personal information
- the review has offensive language, or
- you have reason to believe the review is fake.
How do I notify Trustpilot about a review?
- Find the review you want to notify us about. Click on the flag icon.
- Confirm that you're a reviewer. If you represent the company that's been reviewed, you'll be asked to report the review via your business account.
- Select the reason(s) for which you're notifying us about the review. Specify the problem in the text box provided. For notifications about fake reviews, a minimum of 50 characters is required.
- Click Submit.
- You'll see an onscreen thank you message to show that our Compliance Team has been notified.
What happens next?
- Each notification generates a ticket that is sent to our Compliance Team.
- We investigate the review to see if it violates our User Guidelines as specified in the notification. During this process, we continue to show the notified review on Trustpilot and still count it in the star rating and TrustScore.
- If the review contains your personal information or offensive language, we'll let you know that we're asking the review's author to change it. The review will be temporarily hidden until the review's author removes personal information or offensive language. If no action is taken, the review will stay offline indefinitely.
- If you've provided evidence of a fake review, then we'll investigate, but privacy reasons mean that we won't be able to update you further about what happens with the review. However, any review found to be fake will be removed.
Can I notify Trustpilot about multiple reviews on a company profile page?
Notifying us about reviews should be limited to instances where you have legitimate concerns and can show a particular reason why a review is suspicious or violates one or more of our rules. Please be aware that notifying a large number of reviews or re-notifying reviews you've previously flagged without good reason can be considered misuse of our notifying function.
If you notice any suspicious activities or have information about misuse or abuse of Trustpilot's community, you can use our whistleblower function to contact our Compliance Team directly — just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll investigate the allegations and the evidence, and take appropriate steps to address any problems.
What happens if someone notifies Trustpilot about my review?
You won't be sent an email if someone notifies us about your review. However, if our Compliance Team finds that your review does violate our guidelines, you'll receive an email letting you know what you can do to help you get your review back online.
How should business users notify and report reviews?
If you're a business user who wishes to notify us about a review on another company's profile, you can follow the notification procedure as a Trustpilot community member.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us.