Table of contents
Trustpilot provides optimized templates that are easy to customize, to help you create the right look for your review invitations. Our template editor makes it easy to add your logo and personalize your emails to match your company’s branding.
In this article, we’ll show you how to edit your invitation template and provide an overview of the features of our template editor.
Note: Trustpilot does not provide assistance with creating and editing customized templates.
Copy an existing template
To create a customized review invitation, the first thing you need to do is make a copy of an existing template.
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Get reviews > Template editor. Click Select template.
- Under Optimized templates by Trustpilot, select a language from the drop-down menu and one of the 3 template options:
- For non-purchase experiences
- For purchase experiences (Best in test)
- Optimized for product reviews
- Click Select this template.
- Click the Edit template button in the upper-left corner. A dialog box will appear. Enter a name for your template, select the Type of template, then click Save.
Customize your template
Now that you've saved a copy of the template, you can start to make it your own. You can edit the text directly within the text editor, and use the toolbar to format your text.
Want to add your company's logo to the template? Follow this video tutorial:
- In the Content section, place the cursor where you want to add your logo. Click on the image icon, paste your logo's URL, then select OK.
- Click Save template.
A placeholder is a piece of text that the Trustpilot invitation system replaces with a corresponding piece of data. You can use the following placeholders in the body of your invitation emails, as well as in subject lines. Be sure to use them exactly as they're shown here, otherwise they won't work correctly.
|Placeholder||Description||Service reviews template||Product reviews template|
|[Name]||The customer's name. Displays 'customer' if there is no name.||✓||✓|
|[CompanyIdentifier]||Displays the name of your company or your domain||✓||✓|
|[Link]||The service review link URL||✓|
|[Stars]||The Trustpilot service review star rating element||✓|
|[Products]||Populates a block with the picture, name and a review button for all the products in the order||✓|
|[DomainName]||The company's domain name||✓||✓|
|[Order]||The order reference||✓||✓|
Preview your template
Want to see how your invitations will look before sending them out to customers? No problem.
In the Template editor, you’ll see two buttons in the lower left-hand corner that allow you to do this. Select Send test email to (your email address) to send a test invitation to yourself or select Show preview of email to generate a preview of your message in a pop-up window.