Table of contents
Select and apply for categories using your Trustpilot Business account so customers can compare your company with other similar businesses.
What are categories?
Trustpilot features a comprehensive list of categories to assign to your business. Categories make it easier for consumers to find your company on Trustpilot, so it's important that your categories match your business area.
You can choose one primary category - it should be the business area where your company does most of its business.
In addition to your primary category, choose up to 5 additional categories to describe business activities that aren't covered by your primary business category.
The Trustpilot categories are based on the Google My Business category system.
- If your company has a Google My Business account, select the same primary and additional categories as you have in Google My Business.
- If you don’t have Google My Business, it’s not a problem. Simply choose the category that fits your business area most accurately.
Note: Categories are assigned on a per-country basis.
Apply for a category
- Go to Trustpilot Business > Settings > Categories.
- Under the Add or change categories heading, enable the toggle switch, and select + Add category.
- Find and select your main area of business, then select Continue.
- Select an overall category that matches your business, then select Continue.
- Choose a subcategory and select Save category. You can repeat the selection process to add up to a total of six categories. The first category you select will automatically be your primary category.
- When you've finished choosing your categories, select Send in request.
Approved categories will be listed under Your current categories.
Note: Trustpilot has the final say on whether a category is relevant.
Remove a category
- In Trustpilot Business > Settings > Categories, under the Add or change categories heading, enable the toggle switch.
- Under the Change Categories section, click the trash icon for the category you want to remove. Repeat the same action to remove more than one category.
- Select Send in request.
It's easy. Remove the category, and then follow the same steps as above, for the new category.
Tips for selecting categories
- Think about which categories best describe your company’s main business/industry.
- Think about which categories cover the products and services that make up your company's main profit centers.
- If your company has a Google My Business account, we advise you to select the same categories as you have in Google My Business.