Select and apply for categories using your Trustpilot Business account so customers can compare your company with other similar businesses.
What are categories?
Trustpilot features a comprehensive list of categories to assign to your business. Categories make it easier for consumers to find your company on Trustpilot, so it's important that your categories match your business area.
You can choose one primary category - it should be the business area where your company does most of its business.
In addition to your primary category, choose up to five additional categories to describe business activities that aren't covered by your primary business category.
The Trustpilot categories are based on the Google My Business category system.
- If your company has a Google My Business account, select the same primary and additional categories (six in total) as you have in Google My Business.
- If you don’t have Google My Business, it’s not a problem. Simply choose the category that fits your business area most accurately.
Note: Categories are assigned on a per-country basis.
Apply for a category
- Go to Trustpilot Business > Settings > Categories.
- Under the Add or change categories heading, enable the toggle switch, and select + Add category.
- Find and select your main area of business, then select Continue.
- Select a category and select Save category.
- You can repeat the selection process to add up to a total of six categories. The first category you select will automatically be your primary category.
- When you've finished choosing your categories, select Send in request. This sends your category application to our Compliance Team for verification.
- To speed up the application process, describe why your company fits within these categories and provide a URL that links to a web page containing information about your company's main products/services.
Approved categories will be listed under Your current categories.
Apply for additional categories
Repeat this procedure to add additional categories. Just make sure you don't apply for more than six categories for each of your business's domains.
Remove a category
- In Trustpilot Business > Settings > Categories, under the Add or change categories heading, enable the toggle switch.
- Under the Change Categories section, click the trash icon for the category you want to remove. Repeat the same action to remove more than one category.
- Select Send in request.
It's easy. Remove the category, and then apply for a category.
Tips for selecting categories
- Think about which categories best describe your company’s main business/industry.
- Think about which categories cover the products and services that make up your company's main profit centers.
- If your company has a Google My Business account, we advise you to select the same categories as you have in Google My Business.
What we look at to verify your category application
- Is there a section on your website that shows that you sell products/services relevant to the category application?
- Does the application fit with the company's Google My Business categorization?
- Does this seem consistent with industry classifications on government business registration sites, such as The US Securities & Exchange Commission, gov.uk in the UK, or virk.dk in Denmark?
When can your category application be approved?
- If there is a section on your website that shows you sell products/services relevant to the category application.
- If your application is consistent with industry classifications on government business registration sites and third-party business data providers.
When can your category application be rejected?
- If you haven't directed us to an active section of your website that shows your business sells the products/services that are relevant to the category or categories applied for. Note that if your website is under maintenance or not active yet, we won't be able to verify whether you sell the products/services that are relevant to the category you have applied for.
- If your industry classification – according to government business registration guidelines (such as gov.uk in the UK or virk.dk in Denmark) and third-party business data providers (such as Google My Business and Datanyze) – is not relevant to the category or categories you applied for.
- If you are already assigned to six categories and have applied for additional ones. Businesses can only assign a maximum of six categories to each domain. If you want to change categories, please delete some of your categories before applying for new ones.