Trustpilot’s business categories can be used to list and compare your company with other similar businesses.
This guide will help your business apply for categories using your Trustpilot Business Account.
- Parent category: a general category that serves as an umbrella for more specific sub-categories. For example, "clothes & fashion" or "electronics".
- Sub-category: a specific category that belongs under a parent category. For example, "activewear" under the parent category "clothes & fashion", or "cellular accessories" under "electronics".
How to apply for categories on Trustpilot
Businesses using Trustpilot - whether they use our paid or free services - can select one primary category, and apply for up to five extra categories. Please note that this is per domain.
Log in to your Business Account and select Settings on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on Categories.
- Select a category from either the parent categories or the sub-categories.
- Select one category at a time. Complete your selection by clicking the Save Category button. The first time you apply for a category, a confirmation box will appear.
- You can repeat the selection process to add up to a total of six categories.
- In the box that appears when selecting your categories, describe why your company fits within these categories. Please add a URL webpage link to your company’s main products/services, or briefly describe your company’s main products/services to help our Compliance Team verify your application.
- When you are finished selecting categories, complete the action by clicking on Apply for category change. This will send your category application to our Compliance Team for verification.
- The approved categories will be listed under the section entitled Your company is currently in the following categories, on the category module. Once your request has been approved, it can take up to 2 business days for your domain to appear on Trustpilot’s category page.
Tips for selecting categories
- Think about which categories best describe your company’s main business/industry.
- Think about which categories cover the products and services that make up the main profit centers for your company.
What we look at to verify your category application
- Is there a section on your website that shows that you sell products/services relevant to the category application?
- Does the application fit with Trustpilot's category definitions, which define all of the categories available on Trustpilot?
- Does this seem consistent with industry classifications on government business registration sites (such as The US Securities & Exchange Commission, gov.uk in the UK, or virk.dk in Denmark)?
When can your category application be approved?
- If an active section of your website explicitly shows that you sell products/services that are relevant to the categories applied for, or
- If your industry classification - according to government business registration guidelines (such as gov.uk in the UK or virk.dk in Denmark) - is relevant to the categories applied for.
When can your category application be rejected?
- If you have not directed us to an active section of your website showing that your business sells the products/services that are relevant to the category or categories applied for. Note that if your website is under maintenance or not active yet, we won't be able to verify whether you sell the products/services that are relevant to the category you have applied for.
- If your industry classification - according to government business registration guidelines (such as gov.uk in the UK or virk.dk in Denmark) - is not relevant to the category or categories applied for, or
- If you are already assigned to 6 categories and have applied for additional ones. Businesses can only assign a maximum of 6 categories to each domain. If you want to change categories, please remember to delete some of your categories before applying for new ones.
How to apply for additional categories
- Follow the above steps: How to Apply for Categories on Trustpilot.
- Make sure that each of your business's domains does not apply for more than six categories.
How to remove categories
- Log in to your Business Account and select Settings on the left-hand side of the page.
- Navigate to Categories.
- Under the section entitled Apply for category changes, click Remove this category for the category you want to remove. Repeat the same action to remove more than one category.
- Finish by clicking on Apply for category changes.