Build trust with your customers by replying to their reviews!
Reviews from your customers can provide valuable feedback for your business and responding to their reviews gives you the opportunity to build trust and engage in an open conversation. That's why monitoring and responding to your customer reviews is an important part of managing customer feedback.
We warmly advise business users to take the time to respond and communicate with your happy and unhappy customers.
Here are our top tips to help you respond in a way that reflects favorably on you and your business.
- Respond appropriately: Never argue with your customers. Take note of what is being said, then respond in an appropriate and professional way. You can provide the customer with your contact information to resolve the issue offline. Remember that your replies are public and that other potential customers will read your replies.
- Be brief: Do not go into details when responding to a negative review. Simply express your apologies and contact the customer offline if necessary. Always give a personalized response and show empathy.
- Remember that nobody is perfect: Learn from both positive and negative reviews. Your customers are giving you some valuable feedback. With positive reviews, your customers are confirming what you are doing right and with the negative reviews, they are giving you feedback on areas you need to improve.
- Your replies are public: It's very important to remember that consumers pay close attention to how a company reacts and responds to negative reviews. Responding to a negative comment demonstrates how engaged and caring your company is. When you show that your company listens and responds positively to feedback you create a sense of trust.
- Thank your customers: Regardless of whether the review is positive or negative, always finish on a positive note, you are showing your audience that you appreciate their time and that you are approachable.
To respond to a review, log in to your Trustpilot Business Account account and select Service Reviews.
Here you can edit and delete your replies, and share reviews on social media. You can also tag reviews and use filters, which make it easier to sort and analyze reviews.