Replying to reviews from customers can help you build trust and engage in an open conversation. Read our steps and tips on how to reply.
Trustpilot strongly advises businesses to take the time to respond and communicate with both happy and unhappy customers, and to view it as an important part of managing feedback.
Reply to reviews
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Mange reviews. Select the type of review you want to reply to: Service reviews or Product reviews. Go to the Inbox of the review type.
- Find the review you want to respond to. If you're replying to a service review, you can reply directly below the review. If you're replying to a product review, you'll need to click Reply.
- Type your reply into the reply field.
- Click Post reply.
- If you want to edit your reply, click Edit reply and make your changes. Then click Post updated reply.
Tips for replying to reviews
- Reply appropriately. Never argue with your customers. Take note of what is being said, then respond professionally. When you show that your business listens and responds well to feedback, you create a sense of trust.
- Be brief. Don't go into details when responding to a negative review. Express your apologies, give a personalized response, and show empathy.
- Remember your replies are public. Potential and other customers pay close attention to how a business reacts and responds to reviews. Responding can demonstrate how engaged and caring your business is.
- Thank your customers. Regardless of whether a review is positive or negative, finish your reply on a positive note, to show that you appreciate their time and that you’re approachable.
Previous How to find information about reviewers
Up next Request a reference number from a reviewer