This article is for reviewers who have decided to delete their user profile on Trustpilot. We do not delete company profiles or reviews - find out why here.
If you wrote your review in response to an invitation, an account was created for you when you chose to publish and we sent you a welcome email at the time. Every review has to be connected to a profile with a real person behind it. This means you can log in to your account and edit your display name and account settings. To access your profile, click the link in the welcome email or, if you no longer have the welcome email, use the email address where you received the invite to reset your password. Now use your login details to follow the guide beneath.
If you know your log in details, follow these instructions to delete your user profile and the attached reviews:
- Go to Trustpilot.com and log in to your account - you can do this by clicking the text Log in on the top right side of the page, or by clicking the following button to access our login page. Log in to Trustpilot
- Once logged in, click on your profile picture icon on the top right side of the page to open the drop-down menu
- Click on My Settings
- Click Delete user and click again on Delete my profile
- A pop-up will appear: Are you sure you want to delete your account? All your contributions will be deleted.
- Click on OK to complete the deletion
Please note that when you delete your account, any reviews you have written will also be deleted and you will be unable to retrieve your account if you change your mind later.
Delete your review invitations data
If you’ve received invitations to write reviews on Trustpilot from companies who use our services and you also want to delete the data associated with these invitations, please contact the companies that asked you for the review directly. They are the data controllers for this data, and can therefore delete it for you.
You can refer them to our information on how to delete review invitations data about a particular person.