Don't miss the chance to showcase your business and make a lasting impact on potential customers. We'll show you how to complete your business profile, so you can put your best foot forward. Just follow along with the video below.
Complete your business profile
We only allow basic HTML on business profile pages for Standard plans or above. Also, we don't provide support for customization.
To get started, in Trustpilot Business, go to Settings > Public profile settings > Profile page.
Add your business name, domain, and logo to create an eye-catching preview. Click Save and publish when you're satisfied.
Tell your customers all about your business and what sets you apart. Use at least 200 words to make a compelling statement. Remember to hit Save and publish to make it live.
Verify Company Details
Boost transparency and build trust by verifying essential business information. Verified details will display as a checkmark on your profile page.
- Under Verify company details, you’ll see several verification options. Make your selection.
- Depending on which option you choose, the process of the verification method will vary. Read more about each option below.
To verify your identity, we’ll ask for proof of identity from an Admin user associated with the account. The user needs to upload a photo of a valid document (not expired or physically damaged). Supported documents include:
- Passports from all countries
- ID cards, driver's licenses, and residence permits vary. Check out this list of supported documents by country.
To verify your contact details, you’ll need to sync your Google Business Profile with Trustpilot. Your Google Business Profile will need to be "verified" in order to sync and verify your contact details on Trustpilot.
If your Google Business Profile has the status "Verified", we'll sync your contact details to your Trustpilot profile, and a checkmark will be added to your contact information.
If your Google Business Profile has the status "Unverified" or "Pending", the checkmark next to the item won't appear. Verify your account in Google Business Profile, then try again.
Make it easier for customers to find you by categorizing your business. Choose a primary category and up to 5 additional ones.
Here’s how to add a new business category:
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Settings > Public profile settings > Categories.
- Under Choose a category, search for a category you'd like to add. Make your selection, then click + Add.
- Repeat the selection process to add up to a total of six categories.
- Select your primary category by clicking Set as primary.
Provide all relevant contact details and let us know where your business is registered. This will affect your market ranking and business category. Click Save and publish when you’re done.
Add a new user
- Admin - Allows a user to do anything in Trustpilot Business, including managing account settings. This user has access to all domains under the business's account.
- Manager - Allows a user to fully manage assigned domains. This user, however, cannot see account settings.
- Review Manager - Allows a user to manage reviews for specific domains and/or locations. This user can also add widgets.
Add a user
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Settings > Business settings > Users. Click the Invite a new user button.
- Enter the new user's email address. Choose a language from the drop-down, then select the role and domains/locations that the user can access. When you're done, click Invite user.
- The user will receive a verification email. They'll need to open the message and click Set up your account.
- The user will need to set a password and accept the Terms and Conditions, then click the Complete Setup button.