Table of contents
Our Find Reviewer feature lets you reach out to reviewers to find out more information about them and their experience with your business.
Why use the Find Reviewer tool?
Sometimes you need a few extra details from reviewers, for example, if you don't recognize them as a customer. The Find Reviewer tool lets you ask authors of reviews for more information, helping you to more easily identify and resolve any issues.
Which information is requested?
We send the reviewer a standardized message that you'd like more information about them. Within that message is a link to a form (see screenshot below) where the reviewer can provide their email address, reference number, full name, and phone number. Any information they choose to provide will be shared with your business.
In which language is the information requested?
The reviewer will receive the message in their preferred language.
How to use Find Reviewer
- Log on to your business account (this is available via our free or paid services).
- Click on Reviews > Service reviews on the left-hand side and find the review whose author you would like more information from. Click Find Reviewer.
- We explain how it works and show you the message that we'll send to the reviewer, letting them know that you'd like more information to help you identify them and their experience. Note that this message cannot be edited. Click Send request.
- The reviewer will have 3 days to respond.
- You’ll be able to see and track from your business account which reviewers have been sent messages requesting information.
- When reviewers respond, you’ll receive an email. Once you’ve opened the message, the reviewer’s response will be visible under their service review shown in your business account. If 3 days pass with no response from the reviewer, you’ll be notified of that too.
- If reviewers provide the information as requested, this should help you understand more about who they are and what they’ve experienced. We encourage you to use this information to learn about and improve your services, and address any problems that arise.
- If you don't get a response, you can try writing a public reply to the review if you haven't already. Replying is a powerful way to tell the reviewer that you'd like to get in touch to help, and you also show everyone you want to resolve problems and improve customer service. See tips on how to reply to reviews here, and the benefits of replying to critical reviews here.
- If you receive no response and you have reason to believe that the reviewer has not had a genuine experience with your company, you can flag the review for that reason.
Note: Find Reviewer isn't available for reviews left in response to an invitation sent via Trustpilot's systems.
Where is the Find Reviewer response shown?
In your business account, find the particular Service review and click Find Reviewer to see the response.
If the reviewer has chosen to share information with your business, here's an example of what you'll see:
If the reviewer did not respond to your request within 3 days, you'll see this message: