Table of contents
Are you new to Trustpilot? Or just want to know more about how things work around here? Use this guide to learn more about how to start reading and writing reviews!
Trustpilot is an online review community where you can read genuine, unfiltered reviews about businesses whose products or services you're interested in. You can also write reviews for businesses whose products or services you've bought or used.
We believe the conversation should go both ways. That's why we encourage businesses to respond to their feedback, and use it improve and up their game.
Ready to go? The first thing you'll need to do is create your profile.
Go to Trustpilot. Click Log in and you'll see several methods for signing up. You can choose from:
Another way to sign up is via an invitation from a business you've recently used. If you receive an invitation email and sign up this way, your profile will be automatically created based on your name and the email address you gave them.
Note: If you signed up for Trustpilot with email after November 11, 2019, you'll receive a unique four-digit confirmation code to your email address every time you log in. The confirmation code will be used instead of a password.
Why do I need a profile?
Trust and transparency are essential to us, so we want to be sure that every review is connected to a real person who's had a real buying or service experience. Your profile also allows us to let you know if a business has responded to a review you wrote or wants to contact you to resolve an issue.
How do I update the information in my profile?
You can customize your profile and maintain your account in My Settings.
Go to Trustpilot, hover over your name in the upper right, then select My Settings from the menu.
From here, you can:
- Update your personal settings, including your profile picture, name, location, and language.
- Set your email preferences and unsubscribe from certain types of messages.
- Link your account to your social media profiles.
- Delete your account.
- View and download your account data.
Note: To change your email address you'll need to contact our Support Team.
How do I find a business on Trustpilot?
It's time to start exploring! To find a business on Trustpilot:
- Go to Trustpilot. In the search bar, enter the business's name or website.
- Select their name from the drop-down. You can also click the Search button or press enter to go to the search results page, then select a business from the results.
Be sure to check the website’s URL, domain name, and business name to make sure you've found the right one!
The business's profile page contains a lot of useful information. You can quickly see their star rating and TrustScore, information about the business, and most importantly, their reviews.
Tip: Want reviews in a specific language? Curious to see how a business responds to one-star reviews? Select Filter reviews to filter by language or star rating.
How do I write reviews?
You've had an experience and you've got an opinion. Share your story with the world and write your first review.
Before you begin, it's a good idea to check out our guidelines before writing a review, to make sure you're staying within the rules!
- Find the profile of the business you want to review.
- Just below your name, click Write a review.
- Choose the number of stars for your rating.
- On the next page, describe your experience and give your review a title.
- If prompted, add any additional details, such as a reference or order number.
- Click Submit review.
That's all there is to it. Soon your review will be live and available to help guide both shoppers and businesses make better choices. Nice work!
If you want to discover more ways to use Trustpilot and how to get the most out of it, check out this article for our top tips.
Previous Create a Trustpilot reviewer profile