Table of contents
Importing a product catalog to Trustpilot allows us to gather information about the products that you sell, in order to maximize your product review collection strategy. Find out how to set up and manage your catalog here.
What is a product catalog?
A product catalog is a list of all your business’s products and contains information about them, such as product name, photo, and Global Trade Item Number (GTIN).
You can also use your product catalog to enrich your ads on Google with star ratings and enhance reviewers’ user experience.
Note: If you're sending product review invitations via our ecommerce integrations, avoid setting up your catalog manually. Instead, when a product is purchased, it’ll automatically upload to your catalog.
Set up your product catalog
To set it up, you'll need to create a spreadsheet that contains your products’ details, using a program like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Prepare your spreadsheet using Google Sheets
To prepare your file, follow these steps:
- Open a new, blank worksheet in Google Sheets.
- Create columns with the following titles, and the corresponding data for each product:
- sku (required)
Note: If your products don’t have a GTIN or MPN, we recommend that you add your business name as Brand and the products SKU as MPN. If you do this, it’s very important that these identifiers match and are the same in both the feed you send to Google AND the product catalog that you send to us.
- Save the file in CSV format. From the File menu, go to Download, and select Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
Prepare your spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel
If you’re using Excel, the steps for creating the spreadsheet are the same, but you’ll need to make sure that you’re saving your file using UTF-8 format.
Submit your catalog
The next step is to send your completed product catalog file to our Support team via this form. They will then upload the file to your Trustpilot Business account.
Categorize your product catalog
You can group your products into categories to make them more searchable. You can categorize them individually, or in groups. When selecting a category, aim to be as specific as possible.
- In Trustpilot Business, go to Reviews > Product reviews > Product catalog.
- Under Product catalog, find the product that you want to categorize. In the first column, select the box next to the product. If you want to categorize more than one, select all the relevant products.
- Click the Edit category drop-down, and select Show me all categories.
- In the dialog box, choose the category you want to assign to the product(s). After selecting at least a 2nd level category, click Update category.